What's a good OTD price current circumstances

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's a good OTD price current circumstances

Looking to order a 2022 F150xl. While I'm no no HUGE hurry I need to buy a truck and can not wait the projected minimum 12-14 months until new truck prices return to 10-20% below MSRP.
Right now including my 4% supplier discount I have an OTD price that's about 8.5% below MSRP. Went to five other dealerships and they all either wanted MSRP or 5% ABOVE MSRP.

So given the current chip shortage induced vehicle price insanity what percentage below MSRP is realistic to expect.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:49 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
If you have an offer for 8.5% under MSRP, jump on it. You can't buy anything new around here for any less than MSRP.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by glc
If you have an offer for 8.5% under MSRP, jump on it. You can't buy anything new around here for any less than MSRP.
Thanks for your reply. I am awaiting one more OTD quote should have shortly and unless better will go with the other.
Incidentally that is one of only two deanships that have quoted me below MSRP. I forgot sever items i must have on the truck so I asked the D/ship to recalcuate thier OTD price, was pretty decent also.

Old 12-16-2021, 11:37 PM
Going tomorrow morning to order the truck. Unfortunately my son must have vehicle to go to collage and my choices are take $5k worth of pipe on a used car purchase or $5k-$6k worth of pipe on a new truck purchase the new truck is the least damaging to my rectum. He loves trucks and will be thrilled driving my old GMC.
Dealership was one of only two of 11 I contacted that gave me an OTD price below MSRP. All others were at or 5% above MSRP.

Quick Reply: What's a good OTD price current circumstances