dpfe location....exactly

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dpfe location....exactly

I have a 95 f150 w/ a 300 6..........due to some minor probs i am working on , it was suggested that I change the dpfe so i bought a new one.......I havent had any beer (yet) but I am looking cross-eyed at this motor looking for the dpfe sensor on it . Anybody know EXACTLY where this little piece of (*&#@><^) hardware is located at under the hood?

Old 10-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't have a 95, so I don't know. But I can give you some help. Try following the small metal tubes that come from the EGR pipe. They should lead straight to the DPFE sensor.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 PM
i know that there should be 2 vacum or pressure lines coming off of my 3/4 inch egr tube going to the dpfe and a 3 wire terminal too. this truck doesnt have the 2 lines on the 3/4 tube and i cant fint it anywhere . i have crawled all over this motor looking for any component that uses 2 lines and a 3 wire connector but im just not finding it............. can anybody tell me where it is or an alternative way that it can be on my truck so i can locate it myself?

Old 10-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Here's pdf format file that shows what your DPFE sensor should look like. You have to have Adobe Reader 7.0 to view it. If you don't have it, go to the Adobe website to get it. After the page loads, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look at figure 1, part# 10908. There's your DPFE sensor. I don't know where it can exactly be found on your engine, but that's what it looks like. It should be somewhere near the EGR though.

http://www.tomco-inc.com/Catalog/dpfe%20sensors.pdf

Quick Reply: dpfe location....exactly