port and polish throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 03extraflare
Just curious, does anyone manufacture an aftermarket TB elbow for a 75mm TB yet?

Old 08-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
to my knowledge, no one makes an elbow for hte trucks. they make them for the mustangs but they have the t/b mounted 90 deg so it wont work on the truck.

porting and air flow is more than making it big. before the aftermarket one cam out fo rht mustang a califormnia company (cant remeber the name) was making them and actually buiding the floor up with expoxy and reshaping it to improve air flow, with the 75mm t/b gains were up as much as 10 hp in areas.

doing it at home i cant see it being more than a 3 to 4 hp gain especially using the stock t/b. you also run the risk of messing up the idle and the t/b sensor. not a bad mod just know what to expect and what to look out for.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:44 PM
You could probably have it extrude honed if you can live without your truck while you send it in. That is unless you have a spare one, or grab a cheap used one, and send that in.

Old 08-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Appreciate the input. I was just hoping someone would reveal the big secret place we could get one.

Although this could improve even a stocker by a few horses I would have guessed that somebody reverse engineered this part and made it better several years ago? The elbow isn't rocket science, the casting and/or machining process costs would be fairly minimal considering the market is empty of such bolt-ons.

Hate to say it, but, I feel sorta let down by the full-blown ford truck enthusiest/entrepreneurial types.

...I rekon I'll have to pick up a spare to work on when I have the time.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:17 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't think getting an aftermarket elbow will improve much on what you can do for free. Well, for the cost of the materials required to grind and polish anyways. Besides if you gasket match the existing elbow to the TB and Manifold you could go further and remove the seperator in the intake and pick up some more power.

JMC

Quick Reply: port and polish throttle body?