Do I need a tune up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I need a tune up?

Hey guys my truck is 3years and 8 months old and has like 35,000miles on it. Should I take it for a tune up? I have never had anything done to it except change the oil regularly and rotate the tires? I hear some clicking now from the right wheel (sounds like nothing), and a little whistle from the intake when I punch it. Is there any overall "peace of mind" tune up, and how much will it cost me. I just want to make sure the truck will last me another 5 years seeing as I only have 4 more payments!!!! Also there is alot of rust underneath. Should this be a concern?

Jim

Old 09-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neck4752
Hey guys my truck is 3years and 8 months old and has like 35,000miles on it. Should I take it for a tune up?
NO!!!!!!!!! There's an old saying... If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I would highly recommend that you heed it! Your truck is brand new! Mine has 183,000 miles and I NEVER take it in for a tune up, That's just asking for trouble.

Is there any overall "peace of mind" tune up, and how much will it cost me.
Your truck is almost brand new. So I wouldn't expect that there would be anything wrong with it. Also, there's nothing to "tune" with your truck. The engine is completely controlled by the computer, so ther are no "conventional" adjustments to be made. There are a few "wear items" that need to be addressed on a regular basis, however. I would suggest that you review the service manual (included in your owner's manual) and use it for a guide. It will [I]recommend[I] maintenence. It's up to you to determine if your truck needs it. (eg. air filter replacement) It depends on your driving style, but you may be nearing a brake pad replacement. I would suggest that you check the front brakes. Also grease the caliper slide rails when you replace the pads. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just get a repair manual. Working on your own truck will save you money and give you the peace of mind you seek.

Also there is alot of rust underneath. Should this be a concern?
I don't know about that. I live in South Georgia, and my 10 year old truck doesn't have a speck of rust.

Quick Reply: Do I need a tune up?