Ported intake manifold install

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Faster150
this argument is the same as the one about do bed covers work or dont they..

but yes the intake runners neck down and then open up then neck down again at the back of the valve. this generates low pressure area's that increase velocity and flow
No, it not like anything else, and it has nothing to do with bed covers. Myth Busters resolved that one anyway.

My wife adores Carrie Grant.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a spare intake manifold for my 2v 5.4 the only problem is its plastic. I was wondering if and how one would go about porting one of the plastic manifolds?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
This reminds of that guy in the Modular forum who put a PI intake on Non PI heads without porting anything. Tajerame gave me the link (can't find it) - The swap gained him quite a bit of HP even though he had to have a hell of allot of turbulence at the step. - Didn't seem to effect it much.

Good job Paul, Patrick - Man that intake looks tall, I haven't seen one of those yet.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gotts2BMe
I have a spare intake manifold for my 2v 5.4 the only problem is its plastic. I was wondering if and how one would go about porting one of the plastic manifolds?
match the gaskets to the outlets and mark em with a white or silver paint pen and get out your dremel or rotary tool and have at it.

Quick Reply: Ported intake manifold install