Brake pedal pops in

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2000, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake pedal pops in

Occasionally, at normal braking, usually at slow speed when I almost come to a full stop, my break pedal pops in a little. Sometimes multiple pops occur. At first I thought it was the ABS but I'm not even braking hard when it happens. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? Should I be concerned and take it to the dealer?

------------------
2000 Supercab XLT 2WD 5.4L 3.55LS White w. grey interior, spray-in AND plastic bedliner, hitch
Jeff Emig Special Edition
Picture of my truck

Old 07-16-2000, 11:13 AM
Do you brake with your right or left foot?

Does position of your foot on the pedal have any effect?

Where do you think the 'pop' originates?

Can others hear it? or do you only feel it?

What do you think it is (most people are smarter than they give themself credit)?

Nice looking truck!

------------------
Y2K™ Jim Gorka

Toreador Red, Keyless XLT SC SB 5.4L E4x4 4wDisc/ABS, 3.73LS, Skid, HD 7700# Towing, LT-245's on Chrome, Tube-Steps, Captain's, 6CD, Tonneau, named: "Nick"

Old 07-17-2000, 05:58 PM
Hi Y2K,
Thanks for your reply. I brake with my right foot and I haven't noticed any effect of the position of my foot on the pedal.
I think the pop comes from the front brakes but I cant really hear it; I only feel it.
I believe I have good problem solving abilities but I'm not a mechanic and this beats the hell out of me. All I know is that it's happening less and less often and it hasn't happened for a while. Maybe it's something that goes away after the break-in period. At least I hope so.
Thanks for the compliment on my truck.

------------------
2000 Supercab XLT 2WD 5.4L 3.55LS White w. grey interior, spray-in AND plastic bedliner, hitch
Jeff Emig Special Edition
Picture of my truck

Old 07-17-2000, 07:36 PM
Can you make it pop at will at or about a full stop? Several people are complaining about the noise that the pads make as they grab/release/grab (my truck and my '97 would do it on command). If we could identify yours as what I am suspecting -- then you could rest easier.

Old 07-21-2000, 12:46 AM
I know what you mean by the grab/release/grab/release noise. I can reproduce that noise but what I have is different. My brakes won't do that on command.
Anyway, if it gets worse, I'll take it to the dealer. If it doesn't get worse then it's probably not serious.
Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Brake pedal pops in