brake noise?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry brake noise?????

this is driving me nuts. at any speed with my drivers window open i get a very high pitch squeel. thought it was the brake pads so i changed them. the noise stopped for a day and came back. the noise is the same no matter how fast i'm going or how much pressure is on the brake until i'm down to about 5mph then it stops. anybody with the same problem????? or any suggestions???? i'm going bananas here.

------------------
1998 150 s/c,s/b,4.6,xlt,lariet,4x4,3.55 limited slip,6000# gvwr,trailer tow pkg.,255/70r 16 tires, 4 wheel anti-locks

Old 10-24-2000, 10:20 PM
Tele, You said you changed the pads but did you turn the rotors? and did you check the rear brakes maybe the shoes are glazed hit 'em with some emery cloth and rough em up. Also a build-up of dust in the drums can make them squeal.
The snow should be hitting Buffalo soon so you won't be driving with your window open much longer. Funny that all we ex-Buffalonians remember is the damn snow and cold winters brrrrrr! No I don't miss it either, if I want snow I can drive an hour or two play in it for a couple of hours and go back home and not have to shovel it. I am still a Bills fan though!

------------------
'97 F150 4.6L XL WHITE,FLEETSIDE R/C L/B, LEER SHELL W/FISHING POLE RACK, BED MAT,LIMMITED SLIP,245/75/16 DESERT DOGS ON POLISHED ALUM, WHEELS.
AIRAID, 3" CAT BACK OUT THE SIDE w/MAGNAFLOW MUFFER

Old 10-25-2000, 07:37 PM
thanks i'll give it a try. maybe you forgot but we're so use to the cold we drive with our windows open in the winter. i envy you, you made a good move, but no earthquakes here

------------------
1998 150 s/c,s/b,5.4,xlt,lariet,4x4,3.55 limited slip,6000# gvwr,trailer tow pkg.,255/70r 16 tires, 4 wheel anti-locks

Old 10-29-2000, 09:38 AM
Like 007 we like our martinis shaken not stirred. The area I live in has a lot of granite bedrock, solid man! The only thing I lost in the '94 earthquake was a wood carving of a sail fish that I bought in mexico fell off the shelf and broke the bill. There were some fine cracks in the stucco on the exterior of the house, a little stucco patch and paint and their gone. I would rather do that every 12-14 years than shovel snow every year.

------------------
'97 F150 4.6L XL WHITE,FLEETSIDE R/C L/B, LEER SHELL W/FISHING POLE RACK, BED MAT,LIMMITED SLIP,245/75/16 DESERT DOGS ON POLISHED ALUM, WHEELS.
AIRAID, 3" CAT BACK OUT THE SIDE w/MAGNAFLOW MUFFER

Quick Reply: brake noise?????