sicking front calipars

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry sicking front calipars

I just replaced my front brake pads with only 20,000 miles on them. I thought this was a bit early to have to replace them but they started making noise which I figured was the warning pin they put on the pad to let you know its time. But when I pulled the rotars off to replace the pads, the pads still had about a 1/4" of meat left on them What was making the noise was the left inside pad had worn all the way down and was metal on metal againt the rotar. Needless to say, the rotar was toast! I'm taking it into the Ford dealer to find out what happend. After reading another similar message, I guess the "sticking" caliper seems to be a major problem with the F-150! As much as I love my Ford, I think the brakes suck! From day one, they have always seemed mushy which is not typical of the Fords I've had in the past! Does anyone else agree or could this all be related to my ovious faulty brake system?

Old 02-21-2001, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have your dealer check oasis for tbs for brake booster replacement for mushy pedal concern as for the brake pads wearing it sound like you may not have heard the pads squelling and worn it down to metal to metal
did you get the caliper off and press the piston back down in the caliper ? good luck

Quick Reply: sicking front calipars