Braided Stainless Lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh more info Richard !! I just called Tire Rack..To see the availability of the brake lines there...Basically there aren't any !! Same story over there..They havn't been made yet nor do they have a timeframe of when they are getting them in ! So it looks like those are the same one's we have on back order... Later...

Old 05-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Richard ? have you heard anything ..i haven't??????

Old 05-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Nope nothing yet.I was thinking of e mailing Russell and see what they would say if anything.

Richard D.

Old 05-24-2003, 09:24 AM
BUMP ......Richard do you have the phone # for russel ?

Old 05-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Try 1-800-416-8628

If that doesnt work let me know and I will see if I can find another number but I am pretty sure from all my notes I have that is the number.

Richard

Old 06-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Did you get any more info i keep forgetting to call ..I was just thinking about them today...

Old 06-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Raoush I have been meaning to pst about it . I got an email from TRuckperformance saying that becasue the item had been on backorder so long they were cancelling my order . So I called and got that straightened out and then decided to e mail Russell.Here is the reply i got from them.

Hi Richard -
They should be available at the end on the month. The had a delivery problem from a vendor on one of the components.
Hope this helps.
Carol

Richard

Old 06-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Check out http://www.paragonperformance.com/ also. That's where I bought the ss line to go to the oil pressure gauge.

Old 06-22-2003, 06:57 PM
GREAT !! I'm going to call to make sure my order is straight....THANKS..

Old 07-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Richard, what's up? No I didn't get my computer fixed yet, I'm at work.

Anyways, check this out...I was thinking about this mod but I noticed on my truck (when I was cleaning the insides of my wheels the other day) that on the newer trucks with rear disc brakes, you need 5, yes five lines. there are the two in the front (one for each front wheel) but in the back you have one rubber line from the frame to the axle, hard line from there outboard to each wheel, and then rubber again from there to the brake capilper. 5!!! Wonder if Russel is on top of that yet?? I didn't see it on the web site.

Old 07-12-2003, 05:53 PM
Interesting. Maybe you should e mail Russel about them . I myself have cancelled my orrder for mine becasue I am planning on liofting my truck so I don't want to have to buy Braided lines twice.

Richard

Old 07-13-2003, 12:29 PM
What lift are you going with? BTW, we are actually moving on 4-8 Aug. My house closes on 31 July so we need to get together anyways. I'll assist Are you still doing that club thing you were telling me about?

I'll drop Russel an e-mail or something because I searched around yesterday and couldn't find anything. If you think about it, look under a newer truck with rear disc and you'll see what I mean. For some reason Ford stoped the hard line right at the edge of the axle and ran rubber hose from there to the rear caliper. Don't know why because it doesn't look like it's in a position to move or flex any. Wonder if the three piece kit like you ordered would work and then get the two rear axle lines custom made or something like that? Sure that would be the expensive way to go.

Did you ever find any aftermarket calipers? Other than the high dollar "big brake" kits that are out there?

Old 07-13-2003, 01:39 PM
As far as th lift goes more than likely I am going with the Superlift but that won't be for at least 1 year I have to save up for that one since it is so much and when I do have it done I am going to go with new gears as well so that is going to cost me a bunch of money. As for the brake lines I personally think changing the three lines could give an improvement then if you were to have someone like SSBC do the two others custom for you which if it was me I would just go buy two new stock hoses and send them to them to make exact copies and request the new lines be returned so you can then take them back to get your money back for them.

Richard

Old 07-15-2003, 03:50 PM
OK, just got off the phone with "Classic Tube". They don't have any kits or specs on the newer trucks but here's what they will do...If you can send in the lines you want made, they will custom make the lines for $39.95 a piece. So right around $200 for the newer trucks with rear disc and 5 lines. I didn't think that was too bad.

Only down side is your ride will be sitting while the new lines are being made. Didn't get turn around time, sorry...

Old 07-15-2003, 04:08 PM
One way to avoid your rig being down is to go and buy a complete set of new brake lines send those to Classic Tube but make sure you tell them they cannot remove or destoy them and you need them back. Then when you get the new lines back go take them back to wherever you got them and get a refund.

Richard

Quick Reply: Braided Stainless Lines