Braided Stainless Lines

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Braided Stainless Lines

I would like to know if anyone knows where to buy some replacement Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines for a 1997 F150 4x4 I am upgradeinga few other brake componets and would also lie to get braided lines as it will make the upgraded parts better.

Thanks,
Richard D.

Old 02-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Let us know if you find any, I too have been looking for stainless steel lines but haven't had much luck finding them for a 4x4 ttuck.

Old 02-23-2003, 12:47 PM
mjhpadi what brand of brake pads are you useing with your Powerslot rotors and how do you like the performance of the rotors? I am going to be buying some new rotors and pads soon and have really been thinking about the Powerslots and the HAWK HP Lightduty pads. What i really want is to upgrade my calipers as well with some performance aluminum calipers that don't cost an arm and a leg and will still allow me to keep my 16" wheels.As for the braideid lines I know most of the Four wheel drive shops like 4wheelpartswholesaler sells them but they tend to be for lifted trucks which makes them to long for stock applications.

Richard D.

Last edited by Richard D; 02-23-2003 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Earl's makes a 3 piece braided stainless steel line kit for our trucks. They are available in standard length and also 4' oversize for those who have lifted trucks.

I'm pretty sure you can get them from summit or jegs. They were about $70 if I recall correctly.

Good luck.

Old 02-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Great becasue all i have been able to find so far are the lines that are made for trucks witha lift and those will be to long for Stock 4x4. I will check out Summit and Jegs both.

Richard D.

Old 02-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Check out this website............

http://www.classictube.com

or

http://www.inlinetube.com

Old 02-24-2003, 12:41 PM
Classictube only has braided lines for F150 up to year 1988 and inlne only cover the 70's and 1985 from what there site says but thanks for the info.However i have made an iquiry to them and am just waiting to hear back.

Richard D.

Last edited by Richard D; 02-24-2003 at 11:27 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 02-26-2003, 01:43 PM
Earls Peformance Brake Lines

Just got off the phone with Earls performance who makes braided brake lines for various applications and at this time there has not been a large enough demand for Braided Brake lines for our trucks, however he said if he gets enough calls requesting this product they may consider doing it. So everyone that is intersted in Braided brake lines should call Earls at 1-310-609-1602 and request the lines . It's the old supply and demand economics I was also told that if the demand gets to be enough they would like to get someone who lives in the Long Beach California area to bring there truck in so they could get all the fittings done and start producing the product. You could have the truck they use to get the design made up for all us.

Richard D.

Old 02-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Well the search continues I have got a few inquiries with a few different companys that make Braided Stainless steel lines and am waiting to hear from them. Here is another website that some of you others that are interested in the lines should send emails to so that maybe we can get these companys to start making them for our trucks.www.precisionbrakescompany.com

Most companys tell me that because no one ever inquires about them wanting lines they consider most Ford F-150's to be used by contractors and guys that just beat there truck for work. So all us owners who like to improve are trucks really do need to become more active in searching for what we want.The old supply and demand you know. Contact these companys about the product you want for your truck that's how they get made is what i have been getting form all these companies.

Richard D.

Old 03-03-2003, 03:37 PM
I FOUND THEM

Ok after all my persistence I have finally found some OEM FIT replacement Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines for 1997 F150 4x4 with no lift. Here is what i found they are being made by RUSSELL PERFORMANCE which is an EDELBROCK COMPANY. You need to call Truckperformance @ 18007198100 you can speak with Sean EXT.226 and order from them have them put them on BACKORDER for you that way as soon as Russel ships out you will be one of the first to get them. The lines are not yet made as Russell is waiting for some fittings so they can start assembly and distrubution they expect the parts to be in within 30-60 days and production will begin as soon as they recieve the fittings they are waiting on. Here is the Russell Part number 693220 this is a 3 piece kit and right now i am waiting on a phone call from Truckperformance as to the cost should be about 85.00 or so. This kit is being made and Russel/Edelbrock is who told me to have Truckperformance place the order so they ship to them as soon as they are completed. This is NOT we think we are going to make them this is a FOR SURE THING! So those of you that are serious place your order i already have.

Richard D.

Old 03-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Good job Richard D.! It just goes to show that persistance pays off!

Old 03-04-2003, 06:50 PM
I just got done placing my order for the Braided Stainless Brake lines and i would like to suggest that anyone who is seriously wanting to get the Braidied Satinless Lines to call
TRUCKPERFORMANCE @ 1-800-719-8100 and ask for Sean at ext.226 or Leon @ ext.233 they are now accepting orders and will put the item on backorder the more they get the quicker we may all get them. The part is Russell Direct Fit Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines part #693220 they run a mere 85.04 which is a GREAT price these will be direct factory replacement lines According to Russell they should be shipping in anywhere from 30-90 days depending on when they get the fittings they are waiting on.. This is a great item for anyone who has upgraded to Powerslot rotors or any other performance rotor as they will improve braking even more no flex in the lines like with OEM Rubber.

Richard D.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=2479

Old 03-04-2003, 10:25 PM
Damn! Nice catches Richard D.! Those are some freaky looking fish.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Talking

Thanks, What's so freaky about them? Sturgeon ,Shark and Striped bass pretty normal fish around here.

Richard D.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=2479

Old 03-05-2003, 02:48 PM
AB
here is the site

Just in case some one will need it later

http://russellperformance.com/automotive/index.html

Quick Reply: Braided Stainless Lines