Caliper & Drum Painting

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Caliper & Drum Painting

This question goes out to any and all who have painted there Calipers and/or Drums I would like to kow what paint you used and how it is holding up. I know Eastwood makes acaliper kit with diffrent colors but $50.00 is a bit hihg to have nice looking calipers and drums.

Richard D.

Old 03-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Most any high temp paint will work. I have not used Eastwood's setup, but their quality seems to always be great. You can try some high heat paint from PepBoys or Kragen or something like that, but just clean the surface really well. If the temp's get to high for the paint you choose it will flake off and be like powder. I think more companies are offering brake paints. I would probably spend the money for Eastwood, just for the reputation and it may do more than one car usually. Plus it is brush-on versus spray. It can deliver a thicker coat if you want and is suppose to level itself. I would also bet the color does not fade out like cheaper brands.

Good Luck,
Brian

Old 03-04-2003, 02:05 PM
By the way, I used the cheaper spray can version (grey) from Eastwood. It was just 6 bucks or so and it has worked well on my 54 F100.

Brian

Old 03-04-2003, 02:36 PM
I used some High Temp Motor paint,,,turned out great.

Old 03-04-2003, 03:46 PM
Yeah the Eastwood kit looks really good and although a bit pricey I bet it gives great results. I just upgraded my Rotors and Pads to Powerslot Rotors and HAWK HP Light Duty Truck pads and with the Sliver look of the Rotor tha calipers look BLAH

Richard D.

Quick Reply: Caliper & Drum Painting