Best tire/wheel packages?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best tire/wheel packages?

Im looking at buying a PA 3" body lift and cramming 35 x 12.5 x 16 inch rims under it. First of all, what trimming would be necessary to minimize almost any tire rub?! And secondly, where are the best places to but a tire/wheel package from? i know 4wheel parts is having a "Buy three Pro-Comp tires, bet one free", but Desert Rat also had some good prices. The tire/wheel selection im really looking for would be either a BFGOODRICH A/T all the way to maybe a little more aggressive tire, like a Pro-Comp X-Terrain, but i will be doing a lot of highway driving, so mileage is optimal. The rims i really like are mickey Thompson Classic II's, but Eagle 589's would work as well. Im open to any suggestions, so please help me if you can!

1. What trimming do i need?
2. Where to get tire/wheel package?
3. any suggestions tire/wheel packages?

Old 03-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With a 3" body lift and 35s, you're going to have to go with a 16x8 wheel

If you want to save some money, you may be able to pick up some Weld wheels on the 4WheelParts website. It's like buy 3 get one free - of course they may not have the size, lug pattern and backspacing you're looking for.

Trimming? I'll defer to guys who have done it. Powerstroke73 is one that comes to mind.

Good luck -

Mike

Quick Reply: Best tire/wheel packages?