New Tires-- Great Price!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gears and width

njarrett,

I think I'll be close on gears. I've got 3.73's right now. I know I'd lose a little and with more unsprung weight I'll be tougher on brakes, but that is maintenance to me.

rebel,
You're right about alot of guys have run the pro-comps 12.5" wides on the 7.5 wheel. They haven't seemed to report many problems. I had a tire dealer tell me he would mount 33x12.5's on 16x7's and there would be no problems. The 315's have a measured rim width of 8.5" while the 265's have a measured rim width of 8".

Am I cutting hairs? Maybe. I have to be able to justify this to the wife! I haven't seen anyone around here with the 315's on 17". I'd like to see how much trimming I'd need to do. I could see the front valence, but will it clear the back of the fender flare?

Doug

Old 06-10-2003, 11:24 PM
The 2 screws I have seen with the 315's are not ppl I know, just ppl I might see from time to time, so I don't have any pics of the valence trimming, but it is minor. Roughly, a triangle about 2" x3"x2".....roughly.

both guys said that was all the trimming they had to do.

As far as justifying the purchase....the price alone should convince the wife. Show her retail prices on low to high quality tires. When she sees the cost of these high quality BFG's are less than almost all the low quality tires, surely she would see the value of this deal.

Good luck with whatever tire you get.

Old 06-11-2003, 09:57 AM
I currently have 1000 miles on my 315 BFG ko's. I have had no problems. I love the look with the bigger tires. I to was going to get the 285's, but they said they had the 315's in stock. So I tried them and loved them. I have slight trimming in the front and alittle on the factory mud flaps in back. I have pictures in my gallery, but you can not see the tires really well, sorry.

Quick Reply: New Tires-- Great Price!!