The Tire Rack rocks !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool The Tire Rack rocks !!!

I thought I would share my experience with the Tire Rack.

I just bought (after months of looking, reading postings here and reading info on the web) a set of chrome Lightning replica wheels with 285-60-18 tires.

First off, what a difference in the look of the truck. Wheels and tires no longer look "lost" in the wheel wells.

Secondly, much nicer in terms of quietness. Also, the engine is turning a few less RPM's at highway speeds, so I'm hoping to see even a little MPG improvement.

Anyway, about the Tire Rack: They were great ! I spoke with a guy (Dexter) who listened to what I wanted (I thought, anyway), asked some questions about me and my truck, and then pointed me in the right direction. I originally spoke with him 2 weeks prior, and he quickly remembered our conversation when I called back to make my purchase.

I ordered the tires Wed. afternoon around 14:00 hours. They arrived at my office on Friday morning. The 2 day Fed-Ex charge was $90, $26 less than UPS ground. Go figure ?

They shipped them by putting 4 pieces of thick cardboard (2 on each side) over the whole rim and then securing them with nylon strapping material. The lugs were taped up in a bubble wrap padded envelope and put inside 1 of the wheels behind the cardboard.

They arrived without a scratch or mark.

Anyway, the tires arrived mounted and balanced, with caps and lugnuts and shipping, all told for $1900.52.

100% satisfied, and I highly recommend "The Tire Rack"...

Quick Reply: The Tire Rack rocks !!!