Dueler A/T Revo 70 or 75

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dueler A/T Revo 70 or 75

Hey All!!
Well I made up my mind and I'm getting the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's on Monday. My question is what is the best size for me to get. I have a 2001 XLT Flareside 2WD. I was going to put 265/75/16 on my truck but I noticed most people that have that size usually have 4WD. Most people with 2WD have 265/70/16. I want to fill my wheel well as well as having no problems. I know the 75 is a little taller then the 70 but is it too tall for my truck? Which is the best size to go with for a 2WD?

Also I have a quote from a local Tire place down here of 629.00 for 4 Dueler A/T Revo 265/75/16 C Rated Out the door which includes installed and alignment. What do you think, is that a good deal?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Old 06-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Thumbs up

If you want to fill the well, then go with the 75 series. It's a minor difference in height from the 70 series, about an inch. Check out www.tirerack.com and you'll be able to get exact sizes.

Just had Revo's put on my '00 SC 4X4 and love 'em already.

Casper

Old 06-20-2003, 06:46 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is pretty good price including an alignment.

If you want a little bigger, go for 75. You won't notice much difference in how it drives.

Old 06-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Question where?

Where did you get a price of 629 including alignment?
is that one time or lifetime alignment?
did you spring for the tire insurance?
plus tax?

I'm up in Boynton Beach and the local firestone was quoting 735 plus tax... which included all mounting, road hazard insurance, lifetime balance/rotate and alignment (every 5000 miles)

What I'm really hating is having to get the castor/camber adjustments installed (I'm chewing up the outside sidewall of my front tires.) Why can't ford actually install these straight at the factory like everyone else?

Old 06-23-2003, 11:47 PM
OK Tire

Hey Smoke..

I got that price from OK Tire in Pompano Beach. It's on Dixie just south of Sample. I hate those other tire shops like Firestone and Tire Kingdom. They just try to sell you everything you don't need. I paid that price for the tires the mounting and the one time alignment. There were not hidden charges or plans that they tried to get me to sign up for.

They put the castor/camber addition on for me for $215 extra. They said I can go without it and then can toe in the tires but you just won't get the life on them as you normally would so I went head and did it.

OK Tire is awesome. They are family owed and give you the real deal. My family is in an industry where we buy a lot of trucks which means tires and we have been dealing with them since my Grandfather ran the company. But that doesn't mean we get any better price then anyone else. They are top notch. If you call, ask for Lou. He owns the shop and still runs it. Tell him Hank sent ya.

Good Luck with your Tires.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Thumbs up good info

thanks for the info..

I've been talking to a few people and they seem to have the same general opinion of the firestone/goodyear/tire kingdom folk.. ie. they're idiots..

before I moved down, I always used this one goodyear dealer for over 15 years no matter what tire I wanted.. he did a good job and did things the way I wanted (right.)

My father-in-law went and got a oil change at the local goodyear and they told him "yeah the oil filter looked good, so we just changed the oil" - kinda blew my mind. I, obviously, blew them off my list.

Old 06-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello FloridaFord,

I had a 97 2wd with a 4.6 and I put 265/75-16's on my truck and I had no problems with them at all, but if I had it to do over, I think the 265/70-16 would have looked better, leaving a little more room in the wheel-well would have given it a more balanced look. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: Dueler A/T Revo 70 or 75