Center Covers Gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center Covers Gone

So I got inspired by Fun Island Blue's post about taking off the center caps. I like my factory wheels that came on the truck but the center covers are pretty bad. I was thinking of searching for new ones and maybe even new rims because of them but now I'm thinking of tossing them and paintg the wheel well.

In his post, he painted his black and it turned out nice. With my truck being two toned, (green and beige), I'm thinking of doing it in Beige which is the bottom half of my truck. Does anyone know how I can get that color. I think the color code on the inside of my door only refers to the green. Does anyone know the color code or the type of paint I need to get to do that job? Thanks for any help.

Old 06-27-2003, 02:50 AM
Go to Pep-boys or autozone and they will probably have a book marked with the colors and just get one that is at least close. If you don't want to be close then just call the dealer.

Old 06-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You can use http://www.paintscratch.com/ to get the paint code for the color that you want. After this you can order it there, or go to any PPG paint shop around town and have them mix the paint, and most will also put it in a rattle can as well.

Try the phone book under paint suppliers. The local supplier may or may not sell it direct. If they don't they usually have the name of a local body shop that does.

Good luck

Steve

Old 06-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Color Code

If your truck came from the factory with the two tone, then the paint code For Arizona Beige (factory color) is "AQ". If it was a factory two tone, you can confirm this by looking at the label in the drivers door -- I think (without going out and looking at mine) the lower color code will follow the upper color.

Old 06-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys!! I'm heading out tomorrow to get the paint.

Quick Reply: Center Covers Gone