ABS Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Web site for Escape is Escape-Central.com.

Not as usefull as the info you get here.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all who post here. Abs light came on last week. Did the search here at F150online.com. Got the part (abs speed sensor) yesterday replaced it a few moments ago. Test drive and braking all is good to go. Thanks again

Old 02-19-2006, 10:40 AM
ABS problem

I have a 1997 F150 4X4 Super Cab with an intermitent ABS problem. Every once in a while the brake pedal gets very hard (at the top position) making it hard to stop my truck, and then the ABS light comes on right after that. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by B-Man
My friend's Explorer recently lit the ABS. There is a little ABS sensor on top of the differential that apparently wears out fairly easy.

1 bolt holds it in, 1 wire harness connected to it. Took 5 minutes to change.

Cost $12.00 US at the Ford dealer.

Good luck and let us know what you find...

Old 02-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Question I'm glad i found you!

Originally Posted by dalfir
After 3 months of driving with that darn light on I decided to drop it of at a local mechanic. He said it would cost $80 just to diagnose it as it can be a rather complex operation with all the sensors involved. I scheduled an appointment. I decided to go to a Ford dealership and get the sensor that goes on top of the differential. It cost me $19 and took me about 10 minutes to install. I didn't even have to raise the truck to gan access. I just backed into my driveway that is sloped. The part went in real easy and solved the problem. I probably saved $100 as I am sure I would have been charged to install this device.

By the way, when I put my truck in the run position, the ABS light went on, then out, then stayed on.

It's only $19 and not much labor and worth a try.
How did you actually remove the sensor? Did you pull it, wiggle it, twist and turn it? Are there any bolts or screws in there? My ABS light is on, I located the sensor but i dont know how to remove it. I appreciate the help!

Old 03-29-2006, 10:22 PM
bump

Old 04-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Another one fixed

Another one fixed by replacing the rear ABS sensor on the diff. Took ~10 mintues, <$20, no more ABS light. Good info on here.

Quick Reply: ABS Light