goodyear mt/r

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goodyear mt/r

Hey Fellas,

I haven't been on in awhile, got a question for you now though. I have been running a set of 265/75 mt/r's for almost 40,000 miles. They are starting to look pretty worn and getting a lot louder. You guys that run mud tires know where I'm coming from here. Anyway, has anyone run a good mud tire that will get comparable mileage only cheaper? I have run several sets of bfg muds in the past and like them, just not the price. These are, without a doubt, the best pulling, and riding tires I've ever run. I just hate to put $800 in another set. Thanks, Rich

Old 07-28-2003, 11:07 PM
Rich,

I've got a set of Goodyear RT/S's for sale in that same size! Ever heard how great those tires are in the mud? Goodyear RT/S, MT/R...change a few letters, what's the difference??

Seriously, the only mud I ever ran was a 33" BFG, but it was solid. Loud as it wore down but I bought them used and still got good mileage out of them. 40k on a set of muds isn't bad at all - really, I don't think you can do much better. I haven't heard of another tire (outside of BFGs) getting that kind of mileage. If your happy with them, I'd spend another $800 and be satisfied. It'd suck to save $150 on cheaper tires that you hate and don't last half as long. Just an AT guy's opinion -

Mike

Old 07-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Keep in mind that this isn't my personal experience, but that of a friend (although I am thinking seriously about going with them when the time comes). A buddy of mine swears by Maxxis Buckshot Mudders. He has had several sets of them on different vehicles throughout the years and has been quite pleased with them - his mileage has been in the 35K-45K miles per set depending on how he drove them. Pricewise, I can get them locally for about $120/tire mounted and balanced, so might be worth looking at.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Hey fellas,

Thanks for the replies. I agree that to spend half the money and not be satisfied is a complete waste. $800 is just a lot to spend for tires.

I have run the old bias-ply buckshot mudders before on farm trucks and one jeep I owned. I might have to look at the radials. They were really good tires, they just had all the typical bias-ply drawbacks.

Thanks again, Rich

Quick Reply: goodyear mt/r