weather cracks normal??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weather cracks normal??

i got a set of yokahoma geolander mt's in a 315 75 16 and after a year and a half, i noticed a lot of weather cracking in between the tread and on the tread itself....is this normal for a 1+ year old tire to have this???...i dont know, i've never seen it on any of my other tires before, at least not after a year anyway!!

anyone have these tires??...i really like the tire other than that great ride, and pretty damn quiet for a mud terrain

also, if this is a problem with the tire, would it be covered under warranty??...these tires only have like 5k miles on em....i dont drive very far i guess....

let me know if you have similar experiences and this is normal, or if i should consider this a defect.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meskin

cracks in the face of the tread are not necessarily weather cracks, but could be from stress or a defect. with only 5k on them they, dispite being 1+ year old, should still look like new. Make sure your air pressure is up where it should be and take them to the tire shop where you got them to be inspected. No cracking in the face of the tread is normal--some major tire companys have had serious problems with issues like that. i'm not familiar with yokohamas warranty program, most prorate the cost of replacement by the amount of tread you actually used.

good luck. conner

Old 08-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

I had Yokahama tires, and they did the same thing. I only had them about a year, and drove on them every day. They were not all terrains, but their street tire AVS/ST. It was not real bad, but they were there.,,,,,98

Quick Reply: weather cracks normal??