Michelin XC LTX vs BFG Radial T/A

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Michelin XC LTX vs BFG Radial T/A

Both Tires I like very much and and very popular. I see them alot on modern trucks, especially on some newer models HD Dodge's. So for those who have either or tires, what do you think of them, ride, tread life, traction???? I"m not concerned about taking a corner at 70mph lol but a top of the line brand name tire. This are the 2 tires I'm looking at for my Ranger, I like them best so far out of other tires I have compared them too. For those who have either or tires, what's your opinion about them????? 91

Old 08-16-2003, 05:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BFG! Can't tell you about tread life, as mine are still fairly new, but the ride is more comfortable, and they carry TONS more traction than my old remingtons and the stock goodyears had.
Oh, sorry to have forgot this in my first post, I have the BF Goodrich All Terrain AT/KOs, 285/75/16. Love `em.

Last edited by Pickup Man; 08-20-2003 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:24 PM
"Radial T/As" or "Radial Long Trail T/As?"

The Radial T/A is a car all-season, designed for handling on dry or wet roads.

The Long Trail T/A is an all-season truck tire, intended for use on trucks in dry, wet, mud or snow use. It's not an all-terrain tire but if you drive mostly on the road, it is a great all around tire.

I use the Long Trails year-round and they got me through last winter in 2WD with very little trouble. On the highway, they run smoother and quieter than the Cooper all-terrains I had before.

Good luck.

Old 08-18-2003, 07:01 AM
My 2000 scab xlt came with BFG A/Ts lt 265 70r 17's. I drive verry bad dirt roads, (trails) and have ruined 2 tires and had many flats due to rocks. I also drive highway and freeway.
I got a set of BFG ko's and tried for 3 months, and have decided the A/Ts are a better tire for me. Ride Toughness, Milage. I went back and traded for the A/Ts.

Old 08-24-2003, 12:40 AM
I have never tried the Michelins but have thought about it. I'm considering a tire switch sometime soon and read some of the MIchelins reviews and was put off just a bit by what some people had to say.

I currently ride on BFG All Terrain AT/ko 265/70/17 and like them alot. Very good in snow, not bad at all in rain or dry pavement. So far good milage on them (approx. 40+K) and they still have a good bit of tread life left on them. Only have a bit of a cupping problem that causes a bit more road noise and vibration that I care for, but... I also had them on an older truck of mine and they did a great job in snow and off road. Also carried countless loads of firewood and never had a problem with them. They had about 55K on them when I sold the truck.

I am interested in switching to the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo. I have read many good reviews on them. Has anyone else tried these? And what can you tell me about them?

Thanks...Scott

Quick Reply: Michelin XC LTX vs BFG Radial T/A