Rotor scored

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rotor scored

Checked my front rotors today and noticed driver side scored , (Damn)two different rings about 2" apart . Thats got to be the pad .
Anyway before I head into the shop what recomendations on pads and what about the rotor . I'm of the mind just to replace the pads and forget the rotor (grinding it down ). With gas prices up here at .90 /L or 3.60 gal I'm not in the mood to spend any more green .

98 F150 sc 4X4 4.6L 39000 miles

Old 08-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have replaced pads over minor groves in the rotors before. I used ford pads one time and regular Semi-met. the other. As long as the rotors are not warped I have had no problems. If you are going to have the brakes done in a shop they will probably insist on turning them. They will be on the line if you start getting noise , vibration or any other problems and most pro. shops will not just pad over rotors, even ones without groves. If you have not had the brakes done in 40k miles I would go ahead and have them turned. You will be happier in the long run with a better job being done. Agian, you can pad over them but the pads have to break in to the rotors ( and groves) and it can cause noises down the road

Quick Reply: Rotor scored