Opinions on Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 02:40 PM
kev
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers

I'm starting to look into new tires for my truck. I run 35/12.5/17 and I like the mud terrain pattern.

Anyways I saw that tirerack has the Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers for $144 a tire which makes them cheaper than my current Procomp MTs even with the buy 3 get 1 free deal.

So my question is, who has tried out these Dunlops? Any pros and cons to the tire? Can anyone compare them to the Procomp MTs?

Just looking at the tread pattern it looks like the Dunlops are going to have more road noise but possibly better mud traction?

Thanks,
kev

Old 09-02-2003, 01:11 PM
I asked the same question 1.5 years ago when I was tire shopping and got the same response - nothing.

The only input I got was from the guy that owned the tire shop. He didn't recommend them because he said they had pretty poor tread life.

Old 09-02-2003, 02:29 PM
kev
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I wonder why nobody has any comments? In all honesty, this forum seems to be loosing members by the day. 3 years ago, there was a lot more traffic here but now I just see the same few members chugging along.

I will post this same message on offroad.com and see what I find.

Thanks,
kev

Old 09-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Thumbs up

I had Dunlop Mud Rovers on my last truck. (89 F250 4x4) They were 33x12.50R16.5. Load Range D.
I thought they were great tires and plenty tough. Only time I lost air was because I bent a rim on a rock. They also carried a load well. Grip was good, I could plow snow in 4x2 as long as it wasn't too deep. Road noise was good for a mud tire, it was alot quieter than my friends mud tires. They wore reasonably well, they are still in good shape now after I traded the truck. The only down side was thet seemed to crack in the tread area not long after I got them on, but it didn't hurt the tire at all because I never had any grief with them. The tires I had before them cracked the same way and never once leaked. They were the same size, only they were Dunlop Radial Rover RVs, more of an all terrain. The only flats I had with them came after I overloaded the truck, then hooked a car to the back and towed it from one side of Canada to the other, The tires were fine but the flats came from the two rear rims I cracked. I abused both sets of tires and they never let me down. They handled extreme cold fine too. They rode rough for the first minute or so in -40 weather till they warmed up enough to go round again. Anyway, I would, and may, buy them again.

Old 09-03-2003, 08:25 AM
kev
Thank you!

That is exactly what I was looking for. They sound pretty good to me and will save me a few $$.

Thanks again,
kev

Quick Reply: Opinions on Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers