Switching back to stock rim's...your thought's

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switching back to stock rim's...your thought's

My 03 Screw came with 265/70/17's on factory 10 spoke's. I instantly swapped out the tire's to BFG AT/KO's in a 285/70/17 size. They looked great ! Then I bought a set of Weld Sidewinder's 17 x 8 and swapped out the 10 spoke's for the Welds. I'm thinking of going back to my 10 spoke's and maybe painting the inset's and the cap Dark Shadow Gray like the truck. The Welds are to much work to keep polished , but they do look awsome on the truck. I also can't run mud flap's with the wider Weld rim's (in front) and I'm really getting some bad nick's on the side of my truck and snow & ice in winter will accumulate on my step bar's as well.

The factory rim's are clearcoated which are much more durable in bad weather than the polished rim's are. And as far as cleaning I just use a QD on the factory rim's an they stay looking great. Maybe wax 1 or 2 time's per year.

What do you think about going back to stock rim's ? I could also purchase a set of FX rim's or maybe look for some Heritage rim's.I had FX rim's on my last truck and although they look awsome they are pretty common. I have alway's like the 10 spoke sport rim's .

Has anyone ever painted the inset's & cap's of their 10 spoke's ? I'm not sure how I would do it but I'll cross that bridge later.

I really don't want to spend the cash for 2 set's of rim's & tire's and be swapping back & forth either every spring & winter.

Give me your thought's on this

Fall

Old 08-31-2003, 11:06 PM
If you are interested in selling your rims and tires let me know. Drop me line in my email. thanks

Old 09-01-2003, 01:02 AM
If I sell them I'll let you know , but it would only be the rim's . My 285's will fit on my 10 spoke's without a problem.

Old 09-03-2003, 11:40 PM
I personally hate the 10-spoke rims on my truck. They are anything but "Sport" looking to me.

I have been searching in vain for a set of Heritage Ed rims at a reasonable cost.... one day...

Quick Reply: Switching back to stock rim's...your thought's