Useless 235/70 R16

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2000, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thanks Mudder,

I too find the design of those BFG great! I didn't go with BFG 'cause I got a good deal on those tires (140$ cdn).Is 4ply sidewall and 12ply + 2ply polyester a good sign?

I don't want it to be too easy to cut through my tires. 235's really don't make the truck look good.

[This message has been edited by 4byFord (edited 02-06-2000).]

Old 02-18-2000, 10:16 PM
hey 4xford: that looks great! it is exactly what i want. how wide are your rims and what offset?
are those mud terrains? how do you like them? how do they ride on the highway? i know i really don't need muds but they look oh so good. most of my driving is back and forth to work although i take my dirtbikes out to the trail and go hunting now and then.
once again nice truck. thanks for any help you could offer.

Old 02-19-2000, 09:40 PM
4byFord: Got even more questions for you!

Those are stock rims, right? Looks great! What brand of tire? Are they LT-type tires? I heard LTs ride much stiffer. I guy I talked to with a '98 SC 4X4 put 255-75 LTs on and hated them. Maybe that's just him, but he said to me they were "squirrely" and too harsh. He switched to P-type tires a little bigger than stock and said they were much better (to him). What's your experience?

------------------
Black 2000 SC XLT short-box. 4.2 V-6, 5-speed, 3.55 Limited Slip. Side steps, CD, remote entry, FORD box liner. Add-ons: Older Windstar driver's side wiper blade (with the air scoop, because I don't slow down when it rains), back-up beeper, "f150online.com" sticker and snazzy Tweetie Bird floor mats.

My third F-series: '73 F-100, '98 F-150 and '00 F-150. Great trucks!

Old 02-20-2000, 09:32 PM
Arrow

Shifter & WildChild,

Those are M+S tires and are O.K for road use only they are a bit noisy (it doesn't bother me much). The brand is of a Canadian Tire
"Rough Rider" Privet name brand (made by GoodYear)I still have factory wheels. I didn't lose too much comfort but this is still a truck (reg cab).

I am trying to find the correct tire pressure by testing on highways. So far 30 all round seems to work well. I tried 35 and that was awfull at highway speeds. The people who installed the tires put the p.s.i at 25 (softer ride but bad mpg and wierd feeling on the road) The tire pressure really makes a difference. If anyone has ideas please post it. (dont want to hear about maximum p.s.i thanks)

thanks again for the complements...

Old 02-20-2000, 10:01 PM
4byFord, try the chalk or paint trick on the tread of your tires. If the middle wears off first, to much air. Outside wears off first, too little air. You may find the air presure for best wear is a difference of 5 pounds or more depending on the location of the tire. I found I could drop the rear to 25 lbs with no problem when empty. Depends on the sidewall thickness and weight carried. Good Luck

Old 02-22-2000, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the tip Frog, sounds like a good idea. I will try it this spring.

Frog are you from quebec any chance? (I'm a Frog myself... )

Old 02-22-2000, 10:09 PM
4byFord, Sorry I had to laugh when you said I'll have to try it this spring. I'm in Arizona and the temp today was 72!! I haven't thought about a winter of snow since I left D.C. Frog came from the green 97 F150 I had that everyone said looked like a big frog from the front. Traded for a 00 Blue Expy last week, guess I'll have to change names. Nice truck you got there. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Useless 235/70 R16