Thanks everyone

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks everyone

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAD INPUT ON MY TIRE SITUATION. I JUST PURCHASE THE AR ATLAS 16X8 AND THE 305/70/16D BFG A/T HERE ON BASE. I SAVED A BUTT LOAD. SO IF YOU GUYS KNOW ANYONE IN THE MILITARY, NEXT TIME GET THEM TO ORDER STUFF THROUGH THE AAFES WEBSITE...IT SAVED ME AROUND 400.00 INCLUDING INSTALL, STEMS, LIFETIME ROTATION AND BALANCE, EXTENDED WARRANTY,SHIPPING, AND OH YEAH, IT IS TAX FREE. I WILL BE GETTING BACK AT YA'LL TO LET YOU KNOW HOW EVERYTHING GOES....THANKS ALOT FORUM.....

Old 10-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Clearman,
As a fellow Air Force member I just wanted to let you in on how much the Air Force discourages us from abusing our AAFES benefit by buying things for civilians. Sure, gifts are OK, but I would never advertise buying tax free items for the sake of hooking a buddy up. You could lose your BX privileges if you got caught. Not trying to be an a$$, just trying to help you out in case you didn't know. By the way, thanks for choosing to serve your country in the world's most dominant Air Force!! What career field are you in? I'm a Maintenance Officer on KC-135s.
Brian Clark

Old 10-26-2003, 10:22 PM
I apologize to everyone

I am sorry for posting such a ridiculous thing online. I have never or will never consider doing such an obserd thing like I have stated. I believe what I said may have been a little misunderstood. I was talking mostly about family, which I think is a little different. I am sorry, and don't worry, my career is alot more important to me than saving someone a few bucks. Thanks for all of your concern...

Old 10-27-2003, 06:04 AM
Question

Clearman,

How much did you end up paying for wheels and tires?

Bud

Old 10-27-2003, 10:06 AM
around

1300 installed with liftime balancing and rotation