Mickey Thomspon Baja Belted Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2000, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Mickey Thomspon Baja Belted Tires

Right now I'm still doing some preliminary work on what I'm going to do with my truck (at the same time I'm saving up) and I just had a question about the regular Mickey Thompson Baja Belted tires. First off, do these ride pretty smooth, like an all-terrain tire, or do they start to jar everything loose when one is coming to a stop like a mud tire does? Second, if anyone can help me out, how long do they usually last? Thanks for all your help.

Old 07-27-2000, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey sdiesel, you're just a hop skip and a jump down RT42 from, I'm in Sunbury. I've got 34/11.50/17 MT Baja Belteds on and even a spare that still fits underneat. The ride is loud. Not loud like swampers or anything, but there is a good hum. Personally, I like it, but it can drown out your radio at low levels. The ride is smooth still, but at low speeds (like coming to a stop) you'll get just a little rattle. No, I've put on close to 10k on them in the past couple months (highway and lots of off roading) and not a sign of wear yet. You can check out some pics of the truck with them at http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4294274557

Scot

man I need to get some new pics.

------------------
97 F150 ORP
Towing/trailer package, 3.55LS
34" Mickey Thompson Baja Belteds, Requisite K&N Airfilter
JVC Kamelon CD Player, CB, bug shield, window shields, and other goodies

Old 07-27-2000, 04:07 PM
Question

Do the 34" rub with no lift? Did you do the t-twist in the front? How are they in the rain?

Old 07-27-2000, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Sounds good MrScot. Thanks for the reply, you just gave me exactly what I wanted to know. A little hum isn't bad at all, I kinda like it, but with the General Grabber MT's that I was running, they were making a very bad vibration everytime I came to a stop after about 12,000 on them. Speaking of the area, I live almost right off Rt42, and I know that you live in the home of the Golden Eagles! lol Well, thanks for the help.

Old 07-29-2000, 12:34 AM
No prob sdiesel!

Tech - No rubbing. I did take a Saws-All to the front wheel well a little just to make sure it didn't rub at the bottoms. Now, when I go off roading tho, it bottoms out sometimes. I'm not exactly easy on the truck either, so a body lift is in the near future. They handle great in the rain. After those POS Goodyears that came with it, I was terrified to drive in the rain, but these, very enjoyable.

Scot

------------------
97 F150 ORP
Towing/trailer package, 3.55LS
34" Mickey Thompson Baja Belteds, Requisite K&N Airfilter
JVC Kamelon CD Player, CB, bug shield, window shields, and other goodies

Quick Reply: Mickey Thomspon Baja Belted Tires