Okay, Geolanders or Revos ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, Geolanders or Revos ???

Any real world opinions comparing the two? The local guys here at Discount Tire recommend the Yokohama's. Reading Tireracks's reviews and looking at the difference in price, still a toss up. I think the Yoko's would need to be siped for our NW weather, but I think the Revos have enough factory siping. My friend just bought a set of Yoko's for his Pathfinder and snow is coming SOON, so we'll see how they do !!!

Old 10-29-2003, 04:26 PM
I hear the Revo's are very good for all terrain tires.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:07 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both perform very similarly well in all ocnditions. Yok is cheaper, but doesn't last as long, about 80% of what the Revo will do. So, is te Yok 80% of the cost installed and will you keep your truck that long? That should determine which to buy.

Old 10-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Haven't run my Revo's in the snow yet, but I've had em in everything else - Dry, Rain, Sleet, Gravel, Sand, Mud, etc... I give them a big thumbs up! I'll know soon enough about the snow!

Old 11-08-2003, 12:09 AM
I have to Yoko's, and live in northern idaho, they work great in the snow and on the ice and I haven't sipped them.

Old 11-08-2003, 11:15 AM
I have the Revo's and they are simply an awesome tire. Wet traction is excellent. Very little spin or any loss of traction even through large puddles. I have not had any problems with hydroplaning at all. Definately would not need siping.

I just can't say enough about the tire. Excellent handling, good sidewall strength, a smooth quiet ride and they look great too.

As you probably know, the Revo is the highest rated tire by consumers at tirerack.com

I cannot wait for snow this winter.

I will definately be buying Bridgestone tires again.

Mike

Old 11-11-2003, 09:33 AM
I've had the Revo's on for a the hunting season now and gotta say that they are a great all round tire.They have been in everything from deep snow to goooey mud,wet and icy highways and streets and lots of gravel/backcountry roads.The only area where they don't perform great is deep mud,but they or any other A/T tire usually don't.
I have way more confidence on wet/icy/snowy highways than I ever did with the Goodyear crap that came with the truck!!!
Overall a definite for the Revo's

Trending Topics

Old 11-11-2003, 11:52 PM
The local Discount Tire guys say in our area the Geolanders are more popular (siped) than the Revos. Each has a 30 day trial period and they see more Revos returned than Yoko Geolanders. They sell the Geos for $110 and the Revos for $150. Go figure...

On a side note for those of you that are interested, we have an 02 Camry and am having a set of Dunlop Graspic DS-1's winter studless installed this weekend. In the spring, am putting on a set of Yoko Avid Touring's. Both recommended by Consumer Reports and Discount Tire. The winters cost $70 each installed.

Old 11-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Thumbs up Geolander

I have 15k miles on my Geolander AT +IIs no sipping). I've been very happy with them so far. They did great in the snow last winter! We had a harsh winter by southern Ohio standards. I had 2+ foot drifts in my driveway and didn't have any problems. They are great in the rain, no hydroplaning and very little wheel spin. A little tire noise, which is to be expected with an AT. The handling is very good. No cupping, I balance and rotate every 5k. They look like they should last 40 - 45 k miles. Far superior to the RT/S's they replaced.

Old 11-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Great "real world" opinions Silver Sport. Thanks!

Old 11-14-2003, 10:47 PM
I see "Discount Tire says......" in a lot of discussion about tires. Keep in mind what they sell, and more importantly what they make the best money on. For example, they tried to talk me out of Michelin's allthough they were about $50 each more than (I forget what they were pushing) but they make less on the Michelins.

Don't get me wrong, I use Discount exclusively, but they do run a business for profit!

By the way, they usually do recommend good tires, but that doesn't mean there isn't better. And they will sell the other ones, they'd just rather sell "their" preferred tire.

Old 11-22-2003, 06:46 PM
POLARISGUY

Well, what did you decide to get?

conner

Old 11-23-2003, 01:34 AM
connor,

I tried emailing you replying to your personal email but it didn't work, so I tried here on F150online. I believe you're the person that said you could hook me up? My friend put on the Yoko's on his Pathfinder and another friend just put on a set of Toyo Open Country's from Schwab yesterday. I'm going to see how they compare in the snow now that we've got some wintery conditions here in Spokane. Apparently the Toyos have a "wedge" desing in their tread that prevents the tire from throwing gravel when driving on gravel road, which is an important feature for me, so we'll see...

The Toyo's are just as pricey as the Revos.

Just got new hours so we take the wife's car to work, so the truck just sits there for most of the week. As long as that continues I can wait to spend the $500-$600 since my tires are about 1/8 inch above the wear bar. We just spent $300 on a set of Dunlop Graspic DS-1's winter studless for our Camry tonight. I can't wait to check them out this coming week!

Old 11-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Also, FamilyRide...

Good points, but I think in speaking with the guy at Discount, if you tell them the couple of tires you're thinking of getting, they recommend the ones that aren't returned for something else, as a lot of tires nowadays have a 30 day return policy and if someone returns them they can't sell them as new. My friend that installed the Yoko's originally wanted 30x9.50/15's and they installed 31x10.50/15's for $544 out the door siped. I asked what is going to happen when he returns them because they rub and they said they'll have to sell them for quite a bit less as a used tire, even though he's had them on for less than 30 days.

Apparently, the Revo's are returned more than expected in our area but the Yoko's aren't. He claims the people that buy the Revo's were expecting more on our Inland Northwest roads.

Quick Reply: Okay, Geolanders or Revos ???