Tire Suggestions for 17 inch rims.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2000, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm reviving this thread cause I'm interested in some more info. I have the GY AT/S with about 36000 on them. I probably will get about 42 or 45 on them. I was looking around for a great off-road/on road tire. I would love to get the BFG's but the TA-KO's are about $180 mounted each! I'm not shelling out $800 for tired after one year. I have been thinking about the Bridgestone Dueler and I am open to any suggestions. Thanks for the help.

------------------
'99 F150 SC Lariat 4x4 Deep Wedgewood Blue with Harvest Gold 2-Tone, Medium Prairie Tan Leather (getting seat repaired), all the factory options (minus captain's chairs, 6 disc cd changer, ford tonnuea and push button 4wd) Polar Bear Brush Guard, Ford Factory Steb Bars, Extang Tonnuea Cover, Duracoat Liner with Rubber Mat, Flowmaster 50 series, Superchip, K&N Filter, Airbox Mod and Silencer Removed, 2 Rockford Fosgate 8"'s and a 250 watts RF amp

Old 08-17-2000, 02:32 AM
I tried out the BFG Longtrail T/A tires...thought the grip sucked. They didn't grab the road well, and were even worse with gravel. I replaced them with Bridgestone Dueler ATs and couldn't be happier...actually, I'd be a little happier if I could've gotten the tire in a larger size than 265/70/17. I hope they come out with more tires for my 17" wheels soon.

------------------
1998 F-150 XLT 4x4 Off-Road, 4.6, limited slip, automatic, Red, Supercab, 12-disk cd changer, limo tint, Custom Magnum wrap-around grill guard, Full-length nerf steps with custom brackets.

Old 09-16-2000, 06:11 PM
Thumbs up

Try the Yokohama Geolandars AT+. They price out at about $110 a piece. I put some on my supercrew and I have only have one word for them, STICKY!!!!! Besides, they look hostile.

Quick Reply: Tire Suggestions for 17 inch rims.