33" or 35" Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in my gallery I have some pics of my truck with both 33" MTs and 35" ATs.
The truck is a 4x4 Screw with a 4"suspension lift by Rancho. I have Fiberglass and a Prerunner Bumper. The fiberglass was precipitated by the fact that the 35s would rub the stock fenders when on combined extreme compression and full lock turns (like when in a crag and floating a wheel or the like). I think the 33s allowed the truck to handle better in turns at speed and allows the truck to feel fatter than tall when off camber if you know what I mean. The 35s feel as if the truck is equally tall to its width(i.e. more tippy). But, with the 35s you get more ground clearance.
I prefer the 35s partially because I have the fiberglass now and the 33s look a little small inside the wheelwell. Besides, in a 4x4 it isn't really a speed thing, so much as getting through to the destination, any destination.
But, a long travel 2x4 with 33s, now that can be fun at speed.

Old 11-14-2003, 03:49 PM
I agree, go with the prerunner look.

I don't believe that all of those companies that FSUI 777 stated make 2wd lifts. I would look into some custom shops, and get a long travel lift for it. Or just go with fabtech.

Old 11-15-2003, 02:27 AM
a reply to offroadmaniac.........yes most of those companies i listed have 2wd kits.........they all may not have this specific kit needed but its worth looking in to.......this is a message board.....
not a debate.........let the man see all the options and check into them..........a specific lift kit is not something you decide on overnight.......fabtech makes a nice kit....but they are not for everybody.

Old 11-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by FSU777
a reply to offroadmaniac.........yes most of those companies i listed have 2wd kits.........they all may not have this specific kit needed but its worth looking in to.......this is a message board.....
not a debate.........let the man see all the options and check into them..........a specific lift kit is not something you decide on overnight.......fabtech makes a nice kit....but they are not for everybody.
Umm, did I make this into a debate? I don't think so, friggin baby.

Trailmaster doesn't make 2wd kits for our trucks. Skyjacker doesn't make 2wd kits for our trucks. Superlift doesn't make 2wd lift kits for our trucks.

Fabtech has 5 different lifts to choose from, and sorry FSU777, they don't make 6in kits for the 2wd. I suggested fabtech and a custom shop. If you want this to be a debate, we'll make it one.

Old 11-15-2003, 01:32 PM
a reply to offroadmaniac.........fabtech is not the only company that makes 2wd lifts......that is my point.......let him look at other companies.......and yes they do have a 6" lift.......ive installed one before and i measured before and after and it was a little over 6" actually...................not every town has a shop to build a custom lift.........not everybody wants to pay the price for a custom lift.........most people want a lift that they have seen before and know what it will look like on the truck......so get off my *** and stop wasting this guys time by arguing with me!
do not reply to me again........it will be ignored!

Old 11-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Don't come on these boards if you are going to take everything personal. Noob.

I will suggest what I feel is best for him, don't be saying it's wrong.

Fabtech makes a 6in for the 4wds, learn your stuff.

The price for a custom lift? You can get some of them installed for around the same price as any other.

Plus, I suggested custom because he is located in CA. They have the best custom shops for that work.

I could care less if you read this or not, i'm providing this info for the people who actually want to learn things. Don't come on these boards anymore if you are going to turn little things into something they aren't.

Last edited by offroadmaniac; 11-15-2003 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:05 PM
I had the same question a few weeks ago, here's what I ended up with!

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3431

Old 11-21-2003, 05:07 PM
I like 35's thats just me though

Old 11-23-2003, 07:08 AM
I have to go along with the crowd and say go 35. However, I personally plan to only put a 2-3" body lift on and cram a set of 34" Mickey Thompson Baja Belteds under my rig. Just something to consider if you don't go off-road too much.

Just a thought.

Quick Reply: 33" or 35" Tires?