Computer need to be reprogrammed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2000, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Computer need to be reprogrammed?

I've got a bid in on eBay for some 2001 SuperCrew 10 spoke wheels and tires. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna win it, but what I want to know is: Am I going to need to get my computer reprogrammed for the new wheels and tires? The reason I ask is that it is a huge jump in size. My truck came with BFG 235/70/R16's and the combo I am buying is 265/70/R17's with Goodyear Wrangler RT/S's. Does the speedometer need to be recalibrated or the computer reprogrammed? An approximate cost on each of these mods would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

------------------
BigDawg
2000 F-150 SuperCab
Oxford White/Harvest Gold
5.4L V8
3.31 Gear
Husky Liners
Ford Duraliner
FlowMaster 40 Series
K&N FilterCharger
Airaid FIPK

Old 10-03-2000, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 99 Flairside S/C and mine came with 255/70/16 and I changed to the ORP 5 spoke chrome with 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S. After putting them on I noticed a big difference in loss of power and my shifting was off. I ended up having to take it to Ford and have them try to recal the speed sensor. They could only get it close to the original power and shifting. It rides better but not the same still a little short on power and shift points. The cost was around $60. Hope this helps ya!

Quick Reply: Computer need to be reprogrammed?