New Tires on Stock Rims

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2000, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As of right now I believe that BFG only makes that tire in the same size you have. Without a lift that is. If you want to go a little larger you can try the Goodyear GSA in 275/70/17. It is the optional tire for the Dodge Ram off road editions. If you do find something that is larger and does fit without rubbing let us know. And some picks also. I have the same rims as you and I am getting to the same point on tire wear.

------------------
1999 F150 S.Cab 4x4
Northland Edition,5.4
Off road pkg. Fleetside
Black w/grey int.

Old 10-26-2000, 12:11 AM
Question New Tires on Stock Rims

I have the 4X4 ORP, which came equipped with the Chrome Steel wheels. I'm getting close to replacing my stock tires and I'm going to go with Radial All-Terrain T/A's for my new set. What size do you all recommend to put on these stock wheels that would fill in the wheel wells better and be a little wider? The wheels are 17", so I guess I'm asking how big can I go without the tires actually sticking out the sides of the fenders? Thanks!

------------------
1999 F150 SC, 4X4 ORP, True duals, Bedliner.

Old 10-26-2000, 03:18 AM
Cool

I just put a 32-11.5-17 Super Swamper SSR's on my stock alum. ORP rim. I cranked the torsion bars to level out the truck and had no rubbing at all. The tires don't stick of the fender well and the look is great. Pic's to come later this morning!!!

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

My 2000 F-150

It's A KC Thing....You Wouldn't Understand!!!

Old 10-27-2000, 04:17 AM
mickey thompson also makes a 34 11.50 that would fit your wheel.Probably have to crank them torsion bars to eliminate any rubbing problems.Baja Belted

------------------
-----------------------
2000 f150 4x4 sport,black, 3.55 5spd ,4.2 liters of fury ------mods----pioneer cd,alpine sub,cadence ultradrive amps,alpine mids&tweets,Delta tool box,class III reciever hitch,herculiner bed liner,taz floor mats,profile bug guard,custom painted tail light covers,headlight covers,cranked torsion bars,pirelli scorpion at(265/75 16), modified air box(crash1 style),JET air filter,blue cargo lights

www.lightningcrashz@hotmail.com

Old 10-29-2000, 08:56 PM
I want to see some of those pics. How about standard pics of the BFG's on the 17" steel ORP wheels? And what's this about the "cranking of the torsion bars"? How would I do that? Does the added tire height raise the truck much? I have to go into a parking garage everyday where my antenea takes a heck of a beating.

------------------
'99 F150 SC Lariat 4x4 Deep Wedgewood Blue with Harvest Gold 2-Tone, Medium Prairie Tan Leather (getting seat repaired), all the factory options (minus captain's chairs, 6 disc cd changer, ford tonnuea and push button 4wd) Polar Bear Brush Guard, Ford Factory Steb Bars, Extang Tonnuea Cover, Duracoat Liner with Rubber Mat, Flowmaster 50 series, Superchip, K&N Filter, Airbox Mod and Silencer Removed, 2 Rockford Fosgate 8"'s and a 250 watts RF amp

Old 10-31-2000, 03:17 AM
Cranking the torsion bars explained. Our 4x4 independant front suspension trucks do not have springs in the front.They have torsion bars.If you crawl under your truck behind the front tire you will see a black metal tube that runs from the suspension to a spot near the front of the cab.Here you will find two bolts in a black metal cross bar.This is where the torsion bars are adjusted.When you adjust them it either lifts of lowers the front end of the truck.You can raise it enough to sit level or lower it so much that the suspension sits on the rubber bump stops.The more you raise it by cranking the rougher the ride.If you crank the bars to lift the truck,you will need to get an alignment.It will wear the outside part of the tread faster if you don't.For more info on the torsion bars go to the suspension thread and do a search on torsion bars.
The mickey thompson baja belteds(34x11.50) are anywhere between 800 and a grand depending on where you get them.Go to their website for pics and info.

------------------
-----------------------
2000 f150 4x4 sport,black, 3.55 5spd ,4.2 liters of fury ------mods----pioneer cd,alpine sub,cadence ultradrive amps,alpine mids&tweets,Delta tool box,class III reciever hitch,herculiner bed liner,taz floor mats,profile bug guard,custom painted tail light covers,headlight covers,cranked torsion bars,pirelli scorpion at(265/75 16), modified air box(crash1 style),JET air filter,blue cargo lights

Old 11-08-2000, 03:55 PM
Talking

Just recieved my ProComp 33 12.5x17 AT's. They are barely taller than stock but alot wider. I'm to get them mounted and balanced. Trying to determine ahead of time if a need to crack the torsion bars. This way I can get them mounted and aliment at the same time.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT Supercab 4x4 ORP styleside, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Towing, 17" wheels and 265 tires.
Mods:
K&N Filtercharger, JVC 50W x4 cd player w/remote, Manik brush guard, 2KC daylighters 150watt, Retrax bed cover, Procomp 33 12.5 x17 All Terrains
On order:
K&N catback,
Future mods:
Herculiner, Tighten torsion bar 1" and add a leaf rear.

Trending Topics

Old 11-09-2000, 02:05 AM
"crack the torsion bars"? crank em

------------------
-----------------------

Old 11-09-2000, 10:56 AM
Talking

Crank is what I meant. Sorry, Typo....

Old 11-09-2000, 10:42 PM
Angry

Green Hornet: Have you bought the BFG A/T's yet? The reason I ask is there is a nationwide back order. According to my local Sears, the wait is 3-4 weeks - meaning I have to keep driving the thumping GY's for another 3 weeks

Anyhow, good luck!

KK

Quick Reply: New Tires on Stock Rims