Brake Light refuse to work

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Brake Light refuse to work

I have given up i can not get my brake lights to work.

Here is my problem:

I have a 1997 f-150 flareside XL ABS brakes. First my truck all of the sudden would refuse to come out of park unless i smashed down on the brakes. Well i came here read threads about people with that problem and i found out what was wrong. MY BRAKE LIGHTS WERE NOT WORKING. So first thing i do is go to my local O'reilys and by new bulbs for both my turn signals and my brake lights. So today i replace the bulbs, and i hope this would solve my problem? Of course it dosent. Now my tail lights work when my lights are on, and my blinkers work, but if i press on the brake = no lights. My next guess is a fuse, but i have not figured out which fuse is for the brakes(because i dont have a manual)

In closing,

has anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do to fix it? any help is greatly appreciated

Old 11-14-2003, 07:59 AM
Received 109 Likes on 102 Posts
Uh, did it occur to you to check the brake pedal SWITCH? That's what turns on the lights AND triggers the release of the gear shift.

Steve

Old 11-14-2003, 01:03 PM
The switch could be bad or it might have just gone out of adjustment. Hvaing to mash down on the pedal was prob. so you could get the pedal down far enough to trigger the switch. It is now prob. so far out of adjustment that you can't get the pedal to push it closed anymore.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:15 PM
thanks

thanks guys I will check the switch later today. has snyone changed one of these before?

I guess my switch went out and one of my taillight bulbs burned out at the same time

Quick Reply: Brake Light refuse to work