New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2000, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Tires

I originally posted this in the Screw department, but should have posted it here.

I currently have the stock General Grabber tires that came on my Screw. I've had the truck since late February (one of the first ones in Houston!) and have racked up over 25K already. Most of this is 75+ mph Houston highway miles. The stock tires pretty much suck and I would like to get some opinions on new street tires. I'm looking for a good combination between on road (wet & dry) handling and comfortable ride. I haven't taken the truck on anything rougher than a gravel road and really don't plan too. Wet traction is important where I live. I'm pretty hard on my truck in cornering accelerationg and I want something that won't squeal in protest everytime I even think about accelerating out of a corner. To help with this I'm considering a small drop in the back (1" or so) to level the truck and bring the CG down a bit with a longer shackle. Has anybody done this? How much (if any) did it help and how much did it cost. I really don't have the money to do any serious suspension mods to the front and back and I don't want to jeopardize the comfort of my ride with real low profile tires. Any suggestions would be helpful.

------------------
2001 F150 Supercrew XLT Build Date 02/00
Deep Wedgewood Blue/Silver Frost W/ Med. Graphite Interior
5.4L V-8 Auto, 3.55 LS rearend, rear sliding window, privacy glass, 6 disc cd-changer, captains chairs, tow package.

Mods:

Spray in bedliner, bug deflector

Mods Wanted:

Nerf bars, billet grill, exhaust upgrade, K&N filter and tail light covers.

Old 12-16-2000, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the Michelin XC LT4, good on wet pavement. Quiet and a nice smooth ride.

Quick Reply: New Tires