best all-around AT tires????

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2000, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Karl
The BFG KOs are the new tread design. They have deeper lugs as well as side lugs. Trust me this new designe is much better than the old ones.

Old 12-15-2000, 08:44 AM
I put on a set of LT265/75/16 Michelin LTX AT tires from Sam's. These replaced the factory GY APs. Huge difference. You won't be disappointed.

Old 12-17-2000, 06:51 AM
I went with Kelly Safari AWR. They have been good in the dry, rain, and snow. Their price was less than almost all others except for some obscure brands. They look good with an excellant tread pattern that actually functions. I'm as picky as anyone when purchasing for myself but put a lot of weight into the price/performance/value factor.

Old 12-17-2000, 08:03 AM
I don't know about snow since we don't have any, never. But even though I only have a couple of thousands miles on my new BFG's I purchased two sets of 32x11.5R15LT All Terrains for my first pick up many years ago. They were great and I was completly satisfied.

Now we have the same model with lot of improvements (called the KO) that you can check in their web site. My new ones feel super and I am very happy of their performance wet or dry. And they look great.

I don't have a frontal shot yet but this will do.

------------------
My Ride: 1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications: K&N FIPK, Gibson Supertruck, Stepshield door sill protectors, Performance Accesories 3" Body Lift, Superlift 3" lift blocks, Lift Lips, Gabriel Gas Ryder LT VST Shocks, Daystar Front Anti-sway Bar Polyurethane Bushings, Heckethorn Steering Stabilizer and 35x12.5R16.5LT BFG All Terrain KO's on 16.5x9.75 American Eagle 589's.

Photos at: http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

[This message has been edited by JMTruck (edited 12-17-2000).]

Old 12-18-2000, 08:17 PM
Any one have Big O's? Any comments?
I think they are throughout the US?

As soon as I picked up my truck from the dealer, I took it over to Big O to have Big Foot XT's put on. They are more aggressive than the BFG KO.
I drove them on an uphill mountain dirt road
in 12" of snow, then mud, and the tires were clean! No complaints.

------------------
2001 SuperCrew, Gen. II
**Dealer installed propane conversion. Delivery: Oct. 21
*Silver* XLT 4x4, 5.4L: power driver's seat, captain's chairs, lim. slip, skids, tow pack, cage, moonroof.
Additions:
-16x8" Galaxy Centerlines with 265/75/16 Big O all terrain XT's,
-Waag wheel to wheel nerf bars (black with chrome steps)
-Trenz billet grill
-Sprayed black rubberized undercoating on axles, etc.
-Ford locking gas cap
-Gray Husky liners, front & rear
-Black/chrome pedals
On order: white-faced gauge kit, carbon fiber dash kit, bug deflector, Gray spray-in bedliner, window tint.
To install: Pioneer stereo/cd controller, Pioneer 12-disc changer, Pioneer 6x9's in rear, Boston Acoustics components in front, 4-channel amp. & subwoofer from other truck.
Future: cap & rear Altezza lights when they come out

Quick Reply: best all-around AT tires????