BFG's national back order ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BFG's national back order ???

i called 6 local tire dealers in my area for a set of bfg ko,s and i was told by all except 1 they have been on a national back order for 7 months. NTB said they have them in stock. the other dealers said they probably have the old style.has anyone run into this in their area? i was told by the bfg dealer they should be released at the end of november. I could just get another brand but a lot of people recomended these tires.

Old 11-19-2003, 05:39 PM
you can try ordering them online from tirerack.com

Old 11-21-2003, 10:54 PM
In July, I tried to get a set of Long Trail TAs and ran into a similar problem.

Two local guys said my size was discontinued. One guy said the Long Trail was discontinued (BFGs second or third most popular tire!). I finally found a guy who had almost the size I wanted in stock.

I called BFG and they said the Long Trail was very successful, so much so that they were on back order in many parts of the country. They said if I could not track down a set near me, the supply was supposed to be back up by September, I think.

Maybe it's true- they just can't keep up with demand.

Old 11-22-2003, 05:28 AM
Hey guys, I dunno if youre set on BFG A/T's.... but if youre open to a suggestion...

I was a dedicated BFG A/T guy until recently.... Couldnt seem to reasonably get BFG A/T's locally, either price was WAY too high, or out of stock, etc etc. I tried some Toyo Open Country A/T's, and I'll never go back to BFG A/T's. I've already had them in shiatty snow/ice conditions, and off-road, and they are excellent.

Quick Reply: BFG's national back order ???