Scared of adjusting torsion bars!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2001, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Scared of adjusting torsion bars!

Ok, if you saw my other post, you know i have 315/75R16 Yoko. Geolander MTs which i just had put on about 5 days ago. If ya didn't know, well then I just got new 35" Yoko. Geloander MTs 5 days ago! I'm thinking about re-adjusting my torsion bars because although under normal driving the tires don't rub, under anything bumpy or offroad-y, they do rub a little- i've trimmed all i can without trimming and grinding the frame and body. My option really is to adjust the torsion bars. I'm thinkin about 1" worth, maybe 1.5", cause i offroad a lot. My biggest worry is that since the tire is a directional tire, it may wear bad and fast, even if i get it realigned after the torsion adjust. A good friend who owns a tire/alignment shop who drives a f150 4x4 said its no big deal, but i've been told this is a NO,NO! So what do i do? What DO i do? Any input guys, thanks a lot!
-Brandon
currently changing sig

Old 01-08-2001, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Brandon,

Go for it, crank those babies up. I did mine before I did my lift and have had no problems whatsoever. I have a buddy that owns a shop and we put my truck on the alignment rack, and after 1.5" of lift on the bars, the alignment was still on. It took me about ten minutes all told to crank em up including measurements. Just make sure you take accurate measurements and get both sides the same. If you have any other questions about this just let me know.

Lok

------------------
1997 F-150 Supercab 4X4,Royal Blue,4.6 V-8, Tow Package,3.55 LS,
K&N FIPK,Performance Accessories 3" body lift,
265/75-16 Wild Country Traction Radials,
Smitty Nerf Bars,
Alpine CD,Alpine 5 Channel Amp,PPI 5 X 7's,
Boston 10" Sub

Quick Reply: Scared of adjusting torsion bars!