Just Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Brakes

You guys don't happen to be from the Austin area? The Just Brakes here did that sell you everything or sell you nothing crud to me too... And oh yeah, if they want to turn your rotors even though they are not warped, don't do it, they will warp faster. Found that out the hard way.

Oh yeah, they said that I must drive like a grandma because the calipers were okay on my truck. Just Brakes said that the Ford OEM calipers were very bad normally. But that I needed new shims for somewhere in the line of 200 bucks. Again, near the 500 dollar goal someone mentioned earlier. It has been around a year now and I once again need new pads, and now my rotors are warped.

Lesson Learned: Don't go to Just Brakes.

Old 02-22-2004, 04:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i love these chain stores!

My girlfriend brought her car down to one of these chains when she needed new pads. She calls me from the shop and says they want to do like 1300$ worth of work on her car.

I went down thier and they were pulling the calipers, pads, rotors bull****. I ask to see the car on lift and they do, while the shop manager trys to sell me on why they need to replace these parts.

He has no idea that i rebuild engines for a living, i just look like a kid to him. so we go out in the shop and the first thing he says is that she needs new rotors, so i look at them and say they look okay to me. (i had replaced her rotors a couple months back)He says im wrong and that they all need to be replaced because there too thin, so after he gets done with his shoveling, i pull a micrometer out of my pocket and show him the reading. There fine!

Im almost falling over laughing writing this because the look on his face when i pulled the micrometer out of my pocket was priceless! His face turned red so fast!

I tell him to get her car off the lift. We were out of there in less than ten minutes.

Quick Reply: Just Brakes