BFG Rugged Trail A/T's

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFG Rugged Trail A/T's

I've got a 2001 2wd f-150 with General Grabber P255/70R16 stock tires on it that are about to be replaced due to wear. And I'm wondering if BFGoodrich Rugged Trail A/T's are a good replacement tire for my truck. I like the All-Terrains, but I want a little less aggressive tread that won't pick up alot of gravels. The RUGGED TRAIL BFG's I looked at had a less aggressive tread, but are meant as an all-purpose tire that does good both on and off-road. And they looked like they wouldn't pick up alot of gravels, which is what I'm looking for. I think I can get them at a fairly decent price, but I'm just looking to see if anyone here has bought these tires, and if so, how do you like them? Please share your experience if you have one.

Old 02-12-2004, 06:49 PM
your best source of tire information is www.tirerack.com Look up your tire and then look at all of the consomer reviews on your tire.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey thanks. Those Rugged Trail BFG's had alot of negative reviews. I think I'll get the ALL-TERRAIN A/T KO's. I think I can get the 245/75/R16's for a little over 100 bucks a tire at a local wholesale tire place.

Old 02-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Ok, I thought it over and came to the conclusion of getting some BFG Long Trail T/A's. They had good reviews at tire rack.com and most of the reviews were positive. I don't do alot of off-road driving, mostly highway, but the reviews said they do decent on mild off-road terrain, so these tires will do me just fine. And they wear really good.

Old 02-16-2004, 05:25 PM
I ended up getting some Courser Radial A/T's because the one place that carries BFG's didn't have them in my size. Plus I went somewhere else and priced the same tires and they were $800! Can you believe that? So, tommorrow at 9:00 am I'm supposed to go get the Courser A/T's put on my truck. The price wasn't bad, $416 mounted and balanced. And they look good. Does anybody here have these tires? If you do, tell me how you like them.

Quick Reply: BFG Rugged Trail A/T's