Quest's for those w/aftermarket tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-1999, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Quest's for those w/aftermarket tires

I am going to get bigger and wider tires but, I'm not sure how much wider I want them. My truck is a 4x4 ORP (it has factory fender flares). My questions are:

What size are your tires?

When standing at the front of your truck, looking down the side, do your tires stick out farther than the fender flares?

How much do the sidewalls?

How much does the tread?

Do you have any problems (rubbing, rocks hitting the sides of your truck, etc.)?

Any info would help. Thanks in avdance for all replies.
------------------
'97 F150 XLT SC SB 5.4 4x4 ORP 3.55LS Moonlight Blue
All opt's except: CD and Changer, Keyless entry, and Leather.
Mod's: Pioneer AM/FM/CD and 12 Disc, Code Alarm, Window Visors,
Deflecta Shield "Stinger", Ford Bedliner, K&N Air Filter
Future Mod's: Hellwig A-S Bar, Edelbrock IAS, M/T Baja HP's,
Headlight Blackouts, Tinted Windows, Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar,
and Rhino Liner.

[This message has been edited by PickupMan (edited 09-12-1999).]

[This message has been edited by PickupMan (edited 09-12-1999).]

Old 09-12-1999, 08:18 AM
Thumbs up

Pickupman,
I have 305/70-16's they are mounted on the stock rims that have a 14mm backset, they are the perfect width and height for the truck, they don't stick out from the wheel openings much more than stock, I have noticed more dirt on the side of the truck, but no scratches. Good luck.

------------------
Gino Tedesco, '99 XLT 5.4l, SUPERCHIPPED, 3" Gibson catback exhaust,4x4 S/C Flareside D.wedge bl/Dk.graph, factory sidesteps & Tonneau cover, Manik grlgaurd w/Piaa lights, 305/70-16 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires

Old 09-12-1999, 03:05 PM
Exclamation

I too have the Goodyear 305's. They are mounted on American Racing Baja 16x8. I think they are awesome. They stick out about an inch outside the factory mud gaurds on the back (one side anyway - see note below). It does throw a little more road oil than stock. I haven't noticed any rock chips because the factory wheel well openings cover them completly.

Although you didn't ask I thought I would tell you anyway. These tires are a little harder to balance than stock. I took mine in numerous times to have them balanced. I still think they are not balanced exactly.

All said though, the look is awesome and they get great traction. Well worth the money.

Note: Thanks pickupman. I just went outside to look and see how far they stuck out from the mud gaurds and noticed that one side stocks out farther than the other. I hadn't noticed that before. Anyone elses axle offset like this?

------------------
'97 F150 Lariat, Flareside, white/sliver, SC, ORP, 5.4, Mods: 305/70/16 GY ATS, AR Baja wheels, dual exhaust, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, K&N Filter and Carbon Fiber Bug Gaurd. Rigged the fog lights too.

Quick Reply: Quest's for those w/aftermarket tires