Can't stop the squeaking

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can't stop the squeaking

I replaced the brakes on my truck after 45,000 miles. I used the Napa Replacement pads. Worked great for about 2000 miles, then they started squeeking! I pulled them off and found that the material on the pad was falling apart! So I said screw it, went to pep boys and got a set of Raybestos Quiet Stop pads and got my rotors cut at the same time. Put everything together with new shims and the truck stopped like a dream. Now.... Im at 56,000 miles and the brakes are pulsating and squeek with me just cruising, not even when im on the brakes. What do you guys recommend me doing b/c im about to go crazy! Thanks.

Old 02-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pull'em and check to see how your wear is. Almost 10k Mi and you should have plenty of pad. Lots of opinions here about ceramic verses semi met and the like. you might have a dry caliper slide and it is causing the caliper not to recenter properly. this would cause pad to rub rotor and might be the reason the first set of pads went bad. Always try to clean the caliper slides and relube them.

Quick Reply: Can't stop the squeaking