General Grabber Tires????

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2000, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow General Grabber Tires????

Does anyone know if General Tires makes any of the Grabber series in the 17" rim? I have mailed them, and get no response at all from them....going to need new tires soon, and have looked at the Bridgestone Dueler A/T with UNI-T, and have gotten a good price, but want to know what other option I have. Any info would be great!!!

------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 Offroad, SuperCab, Prairie Harvest Gold, 5.4L Triton w/ K&N Air Filter, Lund Interceptor Bug Guard, Lund Headlight Covers, Smittybilt Outland Sport Bumper Gaurd w/ Hella 500 & 550 Driving lights, Access Roll-up Cover, Bedliner, Ford Reciever Hitch Cover, Taillight Covers

Future Mods:
Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust, 4" Lift w/ 34 OR 35 Inch Mickey Thompson's, 2 or 3 Inch Body Lift

Old 04-27-2000, 07:31 AM
I had a Nissan 4x4 a couple of years ago, It came stock with the General Grabber tires on it. I personaly didnt like the tires. They didnt perform very well offroad, and the tread was real soft. You might have better luck with them, but I want ever buy any more.

Old 04-27-2000, 01:17 PM
Well, after owning a set of Generals I can tell ya that they aren't very good. My dad just got a new 2000 SD 250 4x4 that came with the General Grabbers, and they aren't good either. Even for new tires they slip in the rain, and not much sidewall for a 4x4.

Old 04-27-2000, 01:32 PM
Cool

Here all all the brands that make a 17" tire in a 265. General does not make a 17" tire.

You can click here to read about the Grabber: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/general/ge_grabberap.jsp

Sizes are 265/70/17
Bridgestone Dueler H/P

Michelin Pilot LTX

BFGoodrich Radial Long Trail T/A OWL

Bridgestone Dueler H/L OWL

Dunlop Radial Rover A/T OWL

Firestone Wilderness AT OWL

Goodyear Wrangler RT/S OWL

Michelin LTX M/S OWL

Yokohama Geolander H/T Y816 OWL

Bridgestone Dueler A/T D693 SL OWL

Goodyear Wrangler AT/S C OWL

Yokohama Geolandar A/T OWL

Yokohama Geolandar A/T Plus OWL

BFGoodrich Radial A/T KO

Old 04-27-2000, 01:54 PM
Wink

Mudder-
Thank you for that information, I was thinking that they didn't make the 17" but wasn't completely sure. I would love to put the BFG All-Terrians k/o on my truck, but they are really pricey......as I am sure that you know. Thanks for the list of other options on tires as well. I am thinking right now that I will probably end up going with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T's.

Old 04-28-2000, 03:23 AM
MNFORD99,

Hey no problem, happy to help. Good luck with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T's.

Quick Reply: General Grabber Tires????