New Parnelli Jones expensive tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2000, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailworthy = give up a little bit of highway driving.

Come on! I hope that's why you bought a 4x4! From the way you write, it sounds like you would rather have beef than bif. I understand. Your ride is not the kind to take body dents, extpensive drivetrain mods, welding, etc. Mine either. However, no one needs to climb Mt. Everest to have a little fun. You can enjoy a trail with a GOOD set of grabbing tires without sacrificing your wife's mouth/aproval (her worst case voise is OUR best case).

Old 08-23-2000, 12:18 AM
Thumbs up

thanks for the input. even my wife wants to get rid of the stock GY junk.
I would really like to stick to the stock rim and if possible go just a tad wider.
I know, I want my cake and eat it too...

Since it is here ride, it will "retire" after I get my PSD, BUT for the mean time, it needs to be trail worthy.

------------------
Dr.(wife says i'm spoiled) Jones.
2000 F-150 5.4L(whatpowerawaitsthee)
AUTO,SC-sb 4x4-XLT, 3.55LS, 8.8 front- 9.75 rear, sidesteps, sprayed in liner, 17"wheels ORP, trailer-tow pkg, CD, Cpt chairs, 4whl ABS, Keyless Entry, Airbox silencer removed/K&N, Amsoil(transfercase, motor, rearend), 3" custom dynomax ultra flow catback, as an anniversary gift. PSD coming for christmas!
djones01@elp.rr.com

Old 08-23-2000, 09:54 AM
powerlifter405,

Well, after SLOWLY reading your reply, I need to adjust my retort. I appologize. I guess you were trying to say that you DO want beef.

Old 08-23-2000, 02:21 PM
WHat a guy... LOL,
Of course w/ i'm gonna have to give up a bit of on-road quality, BUT since the wife will be getting it after I get my PSD, I don't want to get Hawgs now and then have to switch them to BFGs later.

I saw on one of the hyperlinks that Parnelli is making this tire in our factory config.
Hell at the least it would be a better tire than the goodyear crap thats on there now.
GY makes good street tires, but 4plys on a 4x, WHAT GIVES?
Mesquite around here eats em' up and spits em' out. 6plys are still risky, i'd prefer 8-10 plys out here.

I may look into the parnelli or i'll look into the SSR.
Gotta make the wife happy. If anything is going in or out of her mouth that is dirty or nasty, it;s not going to be about how the truck rides...

------------------
Dr.(wife says i'm spoiled) Jones.
2000 F-150 5.4L(whatpowerawaitsthee)
AUTO,SC-sb 4x4-XLT, 3.55LS, 8.8 front- 9.75 rear, sidesteps, sprayed in liner, 17"wheels ORP, trailer-tow pkg, CD, Cpt chairs, 4whl ABS, Keyless Entry, Airbox silencer removed/K&N, Amsoil(transfercase, motor, rearend), 3" custom dynomax ultra flow catback, as an anniversary gift. PSD coming for christmas!
djones01@elp.rr.com

Old 08-24-2000, 09:45 AM
Squanto-
Damn those tires are sweet!!!! I want some now. I saw those on a truck, but didn't know what they were, just thought that they were swampers, but now I know what they are. Yeah, keep us updated as far as the offroad capabilities of them....
What are some of the other specs for the tires? (load rating, ply, things like that). Thanks in advance...looking at getting rid of the 99 F150, and getting either a F250 or F350, and will replace those stock tires fast. Having lots of problems with my 99 F150, But still won't drive anything but a FORD!!

Quick Reply: New Parnelli Jones expensive tires