New Parnelli Jones expensive tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2000, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Parnelli Jones expensive tires

They say it's a radial. But it's only got a few applications. Nothing for stock trucks. But a damned beefy enough lookin tire for me
[img]//www.natltire.com/media2/dirtgrip_01.jpg[/img] [img]//www.natltire.com/media2/dirtgrip_02.jpg[/img]
Here's the link... http://www.natltire.com/pages/news.html

[This message has been edited by Red BullSr (edited 08-11-2000).]

Old 08-11-2000, 10:56 PM
Talking

Hey, just ordered a 36"x14.5"x16" set tonight for my truck. Can't wait!
Great looking tires. Just hope they work as well as they look.

Old 08-14-2000, 09:18 AM
Wow, you don't play around do you? I'm glad to see somebody making a move and not being too timid to buy an aggressive design. I think you'll be greatly impressed. Parnelli definitely doesn't play around when making a tire. You should be very happy with their off-road performance as well as their highway performance. I'll expect you to get at least 30K miles out of them. And that's being very pessimistic. They look like they have good siping on the tread already, so traction on wet pavement shouldn't be a struggle. Is this your first time seeing these tires? If so, you're alright in my book. Try to get some pictures of your truck w/tires for us, huh? And tell me what kind of lift you've got.

Old 08-14-2000, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Well, I'll go ahead and answer for Squanto there, Red Bull, he's got a '97 4x4 with 4" Trailmaster Suspension lift, and 3" body lift. He was running the 36x14.50R16.5 Super Swamper TSL Radials, but he is in the process off selling them.

Old 08-14-2000, 04:12 PM
Oh, ok. I hope he's got the grunt to turn these meats. He'll definitely be one of the first few to have these tires. They aren't even out in Four Wheeler or 4x4 Power yet. Usually, the first is on top of things. I can't wait to see em. If they come out with a set small enough for my fenders, I'll be forkin it over as soon as my Swampers go bald. Thanks for the reply sdiesel.

Old 08-14-2000, 09:23 PM
Thumbs up

Hey guys, looking forward to getting them. Should be here Friday or Monday.When I saw the add on Nat. Tire & Wheels web site, those were the ones I've been waiting for! Red BullSr, glad to hear possible good things about them. Have not found anybody that knows anything about them. Could not even find anything about Parnelli Jones.Did not even know they made tires. I've been wanting something not quite as aggressive as the Swampers but the same size. Love the way BFG's Muds run and these new Dirt Grip tires might be on the same line as those are and even siped which the BFG's are missing.
I figure someone has to be a guinnie pig, so why not me!

See ya, Scott

------------------
97 F-150 Black, 4x4 XLT ext.cab,sb,offroad pack.
4" Susp. lift, 3" body
4.56 gears w/LS,
Flowmaster 50 Series w/ duals out rear
36x14.5x16.5 Super Swampers TSL Radials,
16.5x9.75 Weld Scorpio V wheels,
Pre-Runner Bumper w/KC Daylights,
Westin nerf bars,
Pro-Comp Front Skid Plate,
Summit Aluminum Diff cover,
Rancho 9000's and remote,
Lift Lips,
Lighted FORD logo,
K&N Filter,
Superchip,
Bosch Platinum +4,
TransGo Shift kit,
Bug shield,Tinted windows
Sony ES Mobile head unit,Sony ES Mobile changer,MTX Thunderform sub,Boston Acoustic Pro-Series up front, Polk in rear,PPI & Coustic Amps,Alpine Alarm

Check it out at:
http://members.aol.com/squanto804/scottwebpage.html

Old 08-15-2000, 12:13 AM
Does anyone know if Parnelli Jones has a web site?

Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2000, 09:10 AM
Yea, Parnelli has been hush hush about this tire for a while. They are more of a formal company that doesn't feel they need to advertise desperately like Interco and BFG.

Maybe pushing this a little too much, but they are kind of like the Lexus/Cadillac of mud tires. Guess you could say they are near as aggressive as the Swamper, but ride like the BFG 35's. They've never had a tread design as aggressive as this one as long as I've known about them.

It's release was anounced some time during the Spring of '00. I have been searching for it forever since I first saw them (lost their website). I'll do some hunting for their site and let you know any progress.

By the way, what size engine do you have? Good going on the 4.56 gears.

Old 08-15-2000, 03:27 PM
Here are some more sizes and another picture of your tires. But I can't seem to find their website.
[img]//www.4x44u.com/pub/k2/newproducts/Parnelli_Jones/4uparnjhead.jpg[/img]
Here's the site http://www.4x44u.com/pub/k2/newproducts/Parnelli_Jones/

Old 08-17-2000, 09:38 AM
Cool

Damn, those are some sweet tires...too bad that I didn't know about those before I bought my Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, as I was looking for a Mud tire, but wanted one that would last longer than a swamper....
Squanto-
Please post pics as soon as you can, I want to see them on the truck, and then of course you are going to have to go offroad and give us (at least me) a report of how they do.....Looking for a aggressive tire for my stock 17" wheels.

------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 Offroad, SuperCab, Prairie Harvest Gold, 5.4L Triton w/ K&N Air Filter, Lund Interceptor Bug Guard, Lund Headlight Covers, Lund Screenfront Grill Insert, Vent Visors, Smittybilt Outland Sport Bumper Gaurd w/ Hella 500 & 550 Driving lights, Access Roll-up Cover, Bedliner, Ford Reciever Hitch Cover, Taillight Covers, Bridgestone Dueler AT's

Future Mods:
Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust, Nerf bars, 4" Suspension Lift, 3" Body Lift, 35" Tires

Old 08-18-2000, 03:37 PM
Squanto and Redbull
What is the ride like on the SS. Red, i have been thinking of going w/ what you have now. How is the fit and finish? Are they as noisy as Ground Hawgs? How many miles do you guys think you can squeeze out of them?

I'm going to build a prerunner style bumper so clearance there won't be the issue, just the back of the fender. The stockers suck and even my wife has been asking about what we can do to upgrade.

------------------
Dr.(wife says i'm spoiled) Jones.
2000 F-150 5.4L(whatpowerawaitsthee)
AUTO,SC-sb 4x4-XLT, 3.55LS, 8.8 front- 9.75 rear, sidesteps, sprayed in liner, 17"wheels ORP, trailer-tow pkg, CD, Cpt chairs, 4whl ABS, Keyless Entry, Airbox silencer removed/K&N, Amsoil(transfercase, motor, rearend), 3" custom dynomax ultra flow catback, as an anniversary gift. PSD coming for christmas!
djones01@elp.rr.com

Old 08-20-2000, 11:09 PM
Thumbs up

Hey Guys, got my tires Friday and installed them as soon as I got home and all I can say is WOW!!! Love these tires . From what National Tire and Wheel say, I'm one of the first people in the country to have these tires.I have to agree with Red BullSr, these ride like the Cadillac of mud tires. They ride smoother on road than the BFG Muds. Are about on the same noise level as the BFG's. And look more awesome than any tire out there in my opinion. They have a very, very slight shimmy around 40 mph but goes away quickly and handle great at highway speed(no shimmy at all),great for a tire this big. A huge difference over the Swampers. Have not had a chance to test them yet offroad but will keep you informed when I do.Wish these would have been out before I bought my Swampers. Would have save me alot of $$$. Another thing, mail order is a wonderful thing. It was great to pick them up and they are already to mount on the truck. Pull the old tires off, slap on the new.Never bought tires and wheels together mailorder before. Great. I'm amazed by the amount of comments I've had on them.

I took a few quick pictures of them and put them on my web site. Had to make a new site because of AOL dumping my old web page program. Check it out and let me know what you think of the tires and wheels.

Thanks, Scott

------------------
97 F-150 Black, 4x4 XLT ext.cab,sb,w/Offroad Package,
4" Suspension lift, 3" body lift,
4.56 gears w/LS,
Flowmaster 50 Series w/ duals out rear,
36x14.5x16 Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip tires,
16x10 Eagle Alloys 589 wheels,
Pre-Runner Bumper w/KC Daylighters,
Westin nerf bars,
Pro-Comp Front Skid Plate,
Summit Aluminum Diff cover,
Rancho 9000's and remote,
Lift Lips,
Lighted FORD logo,
K&N Filter,
Superchip,
Bosch Platinum +4,
TransGo Shift kit,
Bug shield,Tinted windows
Sony ES Mobile head unit,Sony ES Mobile changer,MTX Thunderform sub,Boston Acoustic Pro-Series up front, Polk in rear,PPI & Coustic Amps,Alpine Alarm

Check it out at:
http://hometown.aol.com/squanto804/scottwebpage.html

[This message has been edited by Squanto804 (edited 08-21-2000).]

Old 08-21-2000, 12:19 AM
Talking

Forgot to mention, still have 4 new 35" BFG Mud TA's for sale........Nice tires!
Make an offer.....and yes, they are listed in the classified section.

See Ya, Scott

Old 08-21-2000, 07:07 AM
DEAR LORD!!!!!!!!

Squanto,

We're not worthy, we're not worthy, we're not worthy!

My jealousy doesn't come close to comparison on how proud I am. And you should be too. Those are just plain nasty. I wish I had the rights to call you family.

Once again. Wwwow!

Old 08-21-2000, 07:40 AM
powerlifter405

I love my tires. They have gotten me out of situation that I would not have even given BFG's a chance. Performance, hell yea.

Now, as far as tire life... I paid about $850 w/out road hazard (but ended up getting it for $10, salesman was a redneck like me, we related and laughed at golden times) and the certificate that Discount Tire always seems to stick to most. For the life I'm going to get, it's not worth another set. That's too much money for a tire ($175/tire). I will end up going w/the regular TSL's (half the price of the SSR's), 32x9, 8 ply, and probably get the same amount of life (but not road noise, much louder. Oh yea!)

On a more positive note, the handling on the highway is excellent. Do get the lifetime ballance. After their first 6K miles, minimal wobling of the steering wheel emerges (at about 40mph), if you don't ballance them. Even if they weren't Swampers, I would be ballancing my tires just as much if I had street performance tires/slicks.

The noise is nominal. If you've had the BFG and were nearing tolerable, you won't want anything from Interco. They are quieter than the Swamper TSL, TSL radial, Thornbird, SX, and I would probably say, yes, the Denman Hawgs (even though I have never ridden on a set, but know the tire enough).

These tires absorb the sharpest and most irregualar uncomformaties of the road/off-road. I've parked these tires on some sharp rocks before. The end result resembles that old fogey with no teeth either Bud Lite or Miller Lite bought to show a "Bitter Beer Face. (the Born On Date add)" Having said so, that means the first half of the tread and the sidewall rubber is on the gushy side... quicker wear. But they're a RADIAL (however that may make a difference to a current Swamper owner), so expect (with worst case driving to best case driving) 15K to 28K miles out of these tires. A half ton Ford weighs quite a bit. So if you go w/a small (32" or less) tire, wear is not in our advantage (The ratio is in favor of the truck. All the weight pressing on the tires. Read the article from FourWheelPartsWholesalers website)

Tire fit and finish on a stock F-150 4x4 is perfect. I have room for the most rear axle travel and IFS flex. I have never bottomed out. Even with an 8" rim (I still have stock 7"), there won't be any fit problems.

Overall on a 1 to 10 scale, I give them a 6.75 just because of their life expectancy/price. I have pictures under Aftermarket - Other.

Quick Reply: New Parnelli Jones expensive tires