BFG Mud Terrain's highly recommended!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2000, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up BFG Mud Terrain's highly recommended!

I was out on a off-road trip with my buddy and his 4x4 club "Grizzly Trails 4x4 Club" on the weekend. And we came across a mud bog just behind are camp site. At first, some guys were kind of hesitant on running threw the middle where the deep water was, so they would just mostly stay off to the one side of the swamp. I decided to also whip around there, just taking it easy and keeping in the shallow areas. The modified trucks with the big 12-18" lifts and the bogger/swamper tires had a little competition going to see who could do a complete loop around, and would take a good 30 seconds to this. Well after a few cans of the liquid courage (beer), I decided to take the plunge and try to do a complete loop around. And to my surprise, I did it with no problems! After seeing me fly threw, a stock Dodge Ram with M/T Hankooks decided to go for it, and was unsuccessful 3/4's of the way in. The guys were trying to decide who was going to go in there and tow him out, and me feeling "****y" said I would go! Well, I got temporarily stuck in a smaller mud bog off to the side of the big one, but eventually pulled out of it. But by that time, my buddy was already out there ready to hookup. But that didn't stop me. I flew in there right at them and drove on the inside of them threw the water and kept going!! I was totally surprised at how the BFG dug in and never stopped chewing it up! I'd say that's the best money I've ever spent on tires.

Sorry for the long post, but I just had to tell this one. If anybody has any other good tire/off-road story, feel free.

------------------
1998 F-150 XLT Reg. Cab Flareside 4x4, Black, 5.4L, 3.55LS, tow package, 285/75/r16 Mud Terrain BFG's,K&N, GTS headlight covers, Alpine changer w/FM mod, Clifford alarm system w/keyless entry & starter disable // Future considerations: Bed mat, tonneau cover, 4" suspension lift.

1971 F-100 Sport Custom Reg. Cab
-390FE w/Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 780cfm Holley, ported & polished cylinder heads,
Hydraulic Crane Cam, 10.5:1 CR, Black Jack headers, true double roller timing chain, and high volume oil pump
-C6 transmision w/B&M 2600rpm stall
-9" Ford Rearend w/4.10 Richmond Gears & 31 spline axles
-215/65/r15 Yokohama's for the front & 28"x13.5"x15" Mickey Thompson ET Street slicks for the back

Quick Reply: BFG Mud Terrain's highly recommended!