Yokohama Geolander MT

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2000, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Yokohama Geolander MT

Looking for input on these tires in 315/75R16's. Will be putting them on a 2001 SuperCrew w/4" Rancho lift (realise that I might need to trim just a bit).

I love the aggressive look of them but I am concerned about highway noise, rain performance (esp without sipes but they do have center channel), and wear.

One of the Mag's just had a review of them in the snow and not only were they a good performer but they said they were quiter than the MT claw and Goodyear MT/R.

Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

AJV

Old 10-12-2000, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the Geolanders about a month now. Yes they are noisy but I have adjusted the radio at times to make it go away. I just drove 600 miles in constant rain, most of it at 80-90 mph, hitting some pretty good water on the road. They work excellent in the rain. They are aggressive so you will get road noise. I dont think its much more than the old BFG ATs, I had but it is more. At very slow speeds, backing up and slowing down to red lights you do feel the tread also, took alittle to get used to. But over all I like the tires and will get another set if they have 335s by then....Good luck..Dave [img]//albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=688963&a=5018235&p=29964434&Sequence=[/img]

------------------
1998 F-150, SC/Flairside,oxford white 4x2,4.6,auto,3.55s,nerf bars,cls 111 towing,bed liner w/mat,Eagle polished wheels 16x10 w/Yokahama Geolandars 315/75/16s,all plastics guards/bug shields,air raid/k & n filter, superchipped, duals out the back corners, flow master 3 chamber, snug top lid, f-150 online sticker back window-honk if you see me!!! Fabtech 3 1/2 lift,3" spindles, 3" body lift=9 1/2 inches of lift.coverking dash cover, Lumi Logo's (front and rear), clear front corner lenses, muth mirrors,dash mounted CB, (TX Chapter requirement,lol),personalized license plates, Superlift traction bars,Image tail light covers (painted).and it still fits in the garage, yeahhhhhh

San Antonio
DWESSELS89@AOL.COM

[This message has been edited by DAVENSA (edited 10-12-2000).]

Quick Reply: Yokohama Geolander MT