Which tires . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Yoko Geolanders and love them. I so far have only put 5k on them but they still look brand new. I don't know about long term wear yet but they do come with a 40k warranty. With these tires it is the first time that I don't fishtail on the rain. They look good, don't howl going around corners like the GoodForaYear RT/S or AT/S, dry traction is great and they also work well in the mud. In fact the only bad thing that I can say about them is that they are a "Jap" sounding brand. Add to that I had them shipped to my door in under a day from the TireRack for $450, I am happer than a pig in slop. I looked at the Revos but they were several hundred more, and they only had 10k more in warranty. I also travel lots of high speed highway miles daily (85+) the fact that the Geolanders have a S (112) speed rating versus the (Q & R) like most others in this category sold the deal. However, this is just my .02.

Joe

Old 06-17-2004, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Good Reviews . . .

Originally posted by swampview
wild-mtn-rose,

Nice truck!
Thanks, I kinda like it myself!!

Old 06-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I bought my truck in march it had 41k miles on it. The original buyer had the stock Goodyears replaced with a set of Yoko Geolanders when he bought the truck new. The thread life was pretty much 80% gone already so I didn't really get a chance to properly try them out. Althoug I should point out that with the little amount of thread life left on them, I'v been impressed with the wet traction in hard rain.

It now has almost 44k miles on it and I'v got my heart set on a set of revo's. I'm gona make it through the rest of the summer with the geolanders, but when september comes along, just before hunting season starts, I'll get the revo's put on. I'v read so many good reviews and endorsments from this site and others about them, that with the type of driving that I do, I believe, this is the best all around tire for me.

Type of Driving that I do:
- Go to work in town (Paved Roads)
- Pull 21ft Travel trailer in summer
- Go hunting 6 to 8 times a year (Not paved roads)
- Drive all winter in New-Brunswick Canada

Dpostman

Quick Reply: Which tires . . .