Bridgestone REVO's and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bridgestone REVO's and opinions

I am putting new tires on my truck cuz the AT/S are basically junk. i am getting a great price on Bridgestone REVO's.. I am looking or opinions on this tire.. I live in the midwest so driving in all kinds of conditions is needed. I had the BFGoodrich AT's in the past and they were too damn loud for my taste and had to have them balanced all the time.

How do the revo's look? they seem to have large white lettering and am wondering if they are to astetically loud. ANyone have any pic's of their truck with these on ??????

How do they perform?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by Hunter991; 06-22-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:01 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Revo 1
Revo 2
Revo 3

You can turn the white lettering inside if you'd like. I only had them for about 10k miles before I sold the truck. I loved those tires. The only thing I have heard is that tire wear was questionable.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Those look nice. thanks for the pics. Some very good reports on that tire on tirerack.com and 1010tire.com

Old 06-23-2004, 01:23 AM
I've run the REVO's on my '99 for about 20,000 miles now.

Money well spent, IMHO. No problems with wear to date, and they come with a 50k treadlife warraty. I'll have no problem with that at the rate I'm going.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these tires to anyone looking for an excellent All terrain tire.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:36 AM
Two words-

Awesome tire!! I'll never buy another AT tire again. Fantastic wet traction.

OX

Old 06-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Talking

I have just put on a set of Bridgestone Dueller Revos 265 R70 17. Read the past threads and go to 1010tires.com and read the reviews on all brands you are considering. Without question, you will only consider the Revo's after doing the research. I have some tips posted on prior threads on how to get the cost down from $880. to $649. tax, warranty, mounted, balanced (the whole works). This is the highest consumer rated tire for satisfaction, mileage, and durability in all conditions.

Over the years, I have had on my F-250 heavy duties, Goodrich TA's(S pattern), Long Trail TA's, and Goodyear Wrangler AT/S and would never buy any of these again. The Goodrich tires wear well but no traction on ice or gravel. The Wranglers just didn't wear and I 'generally' just drive the posted speed limits and were terrible in mud and snow.

Let us know what you purchase. Semper Fi

Old 06-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I have put about 6,000 miles on my Revo’s and I have nothing but praise for these tires!! I upgraded my truck from 235/75/16’s to 265/70/17’s and the difference was like night and day as far as handling. I was considering putting some shocks on my truck but after feeling the ride these tires give, I’m holding off on the shocks for a little while longer. As far as traction, these tires are phenomenal in the rain and snow. I don’t do much driving in the mud so I can’t comment about that. I basically read 100’s of reviews on tirerack.com and 1010tires.com and went with this tire because of all the good stuff I had heard. I can tell you I am not disappointed in the least!!!! Good luck with your purchase.
Thanks,
JRB

Old 06-24-2004, 08:36 AM
I got the REVO's.. i could tell a difference right away from the Goodyear AT/s tires. The truck actually rides smoother so it seems. Now i am just waiting for snow!!! I think i am really going to like this tire.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:08 PM
I really hate bringing old threads back to life but I am currently looking at these tires. Here is my trucks setup. 2000 F-150 Extended Cab XLT 7700 Series. I am looking at the 255/70/16's, but am also curious as to what size I can get away with on these tires.

Secondly I live in Alaska so im really curious as to how this handles on black ice, deep snow, and just regular icy roads. I doubt ill be taking the truck off roading but I want something that is good all around. I can get the tires including mounted/balanced and warrentied through costco for 550.00. What would you guys recommend for trucks and what not seeing as how this is the first truck I have ever owned. I have only had it for 2 weeks and used to only drive little fwd sports cars. Any information is appreciated.

Old 07-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
I just purchased a set of tires. They are called Liberator AT by Michelin. I got them at the local walmart for get this 318.00 for a set of 4 installed with the road hazard free balance/rotation etc... I have had them for almost 3 weeks and i have nothing bad to say about them (well they could always be bigger). they are 255/70/16 and man what a ride from them i had coopers on there and had a crappie ride (265/75/16 LT). I know they are not the best tire but for the money i am not complaining. Has anyone else used these tires man they have great traction on and off road and are very quiet on the highway. me likey!!!!!

Old 07-17-2004, 02:49 PM
4x4me,

I've had the Revo's on my truck here for 1 winter now, with 3 other winters on the Firecraps that came with the truck. Anyhow, I have nothing for praise for the tires. Wear has been great, about 10,000 miles and you can barely tell. Also, they performed amazingly well this past winter on both snow and ice. I think the only time I ever put the truck in 4HI is when I had to pull out into traffic and didn't want to be gentle on the acceleration. The truck handles a bit better and I don't think I'd ever go back to a different tire make.

Old 07-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Sharp looking truck...I love the front bumper guard...Never saw one like that..very cool...and you live in a cool place...I have family living in WhiteHorse and I drive a truck that was sold in Yellowknife used there for 3 years and traded in Dartmouth NS...

My next tires will be Bridgeestone Dueler Revos 265 R70/17 AT's
Great thread here...

Old 07-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by casper_f15c
4x4me,

I've had the Revo's on my truck here for 1 winter now, with 3 other winters on the Firecraps that came with the truck. Anyhow, I have nothing for praise for the tires. Wear has been great, about 10,000 miles and you can barely tell. Also, they performed amazingly well this past winter on both snow and ice. I think the only time I ever put the truck in 4HI is when I had to pull out into traffic and didn't want to be gentle on the acceleration. The truck handles a bit better and I don't think I'd ever go back to a different tire make.
Well,
Costco had a good deal on the Bridgstone AT's, non revo edition. Otherwise it was almost double the price up here in alaska. I have talked to a few local guys up here and they say pretty much any AT's work decent, just need to be a good driver. I will let ya guys know how these tires handle in the snow when we get another 20+ inches of snow in 24hours like the last 2 years heh.

Old 07-18-2004, 03:11 AM
Wink Too kind!

ConcreteGuy,

Thanks for the compliments! I just put that bar and lights on about 2 weeks ago, and I really enjoy how the bar looks. It's so much different than all the others you see out there on the road.

4x4me,

I paid around $750 for 5 tires, size P265/75/R16 mounted and balanced at American Tire on Old Seward just over a year ago (I had to get the spare changed since the originals were only 235/70/16s). I know a friend who had Costco order Revo's in LT 265/75/16E for about $145/tire about 4 months ago. Hope this helps in your search . . .

Old 07-18-2004, 05:39 AM
Casper_15c,

I did call American Tire and they quoted me 850 for the Revo's. Costco said they could special order them for 123.00/tire but it would take 6-8 weeks from them to get here, I guess the tires are back ordered. I went ahead and went to Costco online and just ordered the regular Bridgestone Dueler AT's (2 week deliver). They seem to be decent tires, plus with 4-wheel drive I doubt I should have too much trouble. I ordered the 255/70/16's. Came out to about 450.00 for everything.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone REVO's and opinions