Slotted Rotors for a SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slotted Rotors...

Hi, my name is Eric and I am the president of Power Slot. If you are looking for our product you can check some of our online distributors like Truckperformance.com or Tirerack.com. One of the things I caution F150-250-350 owners on however is low quality castings. Rotors are there to absorb heat. When you buy a 20.00 off-shore rotor from a discount mass-merchandiser you do "get what you pay for" Offshore rotors have less mass, fewer vein walls, low quality metallurgy, no balancing... the list goes on and on. I think Power Slot has been so successful because our base castings are primarily made in the USA and meet and exceed all OE specifications for hardness and balance. Our product is built by hand in Chatsworth California and features military grade cadmium plating to protect against rust. I am obviously bias but go look at our rotors vs. a low cost mass merchandiser part! The only other thing I would like to speak about is the Brembo part. Where Brembo ITALY is an awesome product there USA applications for Ford trucks for instance are made in Mexico in the Rossini plant which does not compare to Italian quality Brembo is known for. So when you order the Brembo rotor for an F150 and it says made in Mexico on the box that is why! I have joined the ranks of F150 online because I just picked up my 04 SuperCrew Lariat... 5.4L 2WD Aspen Green with Black Leather... super cool truck... If anyone has any brake questions I will be happy to answer them!

Best Regards,
Eric Breslow

Old 07-20-2004, 04:32 AM
Thumbs up Thanks Eric

Eric I do appreciate the information on the rotors and as soon as I need some I will come to your shop.... We keep running into each other at Gelson's.... Greg and Veronica

Ps I was wondering if the guy that maintains your paint job is available for house calls?

Old 07-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Eric,

I have some questions about upgrading my brake system. I currently have an 01 F150 2WD. I was thinking of upgrading in 2 ways :

1) Big brake upgrade kit from stoptech

or

2) Get slotted rotors( Powerslot), agressive brake pads, and stainless steel brake lines.

My question is the big brake upgrade really worth the money. Im am confused that even though it is a 4 piston caliper the stock master cylinder is still being used. Or can I get setup 2 and still get a better braking experience then stock. Please give me some advice on this.

Current mods:
01 4.6 4:10 gears LS
24" Katana Azzad's/ 305/35 kumho
Flowmaster 40 original SI/DO
pro comp 9000 shocks (fr)
pro comp 3000 shocks (rear)
rancho 5000 stablizer shock
Hellwig rear anti-sway bar
Moog heavy duty ball joints (upper and lower)
Front A- arm and front sway bar-
polyurethane energy suspension bushings
BBK 75mm TB
BBK pulley set
K&N Kit GEN II
Power programmer III
HD lower valance
HD speed tubes
Viper remote start 791VX

Old 07-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Powerslots

Guys, I just put the Powerslots on both fr & rr of my '01 KR 4x4. They are great! Stopping power and feel are much improved.

Got them from the guys at www.brakewarehouse.com, very reasonable, under $100 ea. I went with HD Hawk pads. I also bought a set of front Powerslots for my wife's '03 Expy and my '98 Honda CRV, as well as my father-in-laws 99 Chevy Van.

They make GREAT products, ask for Steve at Brakewarehouse, or email him and tell him that KingRanch1 sent you.

KR1

Old 07-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Re: Slotted Rotors...

Originally posted by PowerSlotCEO
Hi, my name is Eric and I am the president of Power Slot. If you are looking for our product you can check some of our online distributors like Truckperformance.com or Tirerack.com. One of the things I caution F150-250-350 owners on however is low quality castings. Rotors are there to absorb heat. When you buy a 20.00 off-shore rotor from a discount mass-merchandiser you do "get what you pay for" Offshore rotors have less mass, fewer vein walls, low quality metallurgy, no balancing... the list goes on and on. I think Power Slot has been so successful because our base castings are primarily made in the USA and meet and exceed all OE specifications for hardness and balance. Our product is built by hand in Chatsworth California and features military grade cadmium plating to protect against rust. I am obviously bias but go look at our rotors vs. a low cost mass merchandiser part! The only other thing I would like to speak about is the Brembo part. Where Brembo ITALY is an awesome product there USA applications for Ford trucks for instance are made in Mexico in the Rossini plant which does not compare to Italian quality Brembo is known for. So when you order the Brembo rotor for an F150 and it says made in Mexico on the box that is why! I have joined the ranks of F150 online because I just picked up my 04 SuperCrew Lariat... 5.4L 2WD Aspen Green with Black Leather... super cool truck... If anyone has any brake questions I will be happy to answer them!

Best Regards,
Eric Breslow
Eric, could you give me a bit of an update or any pointers on break-in for your rotors, as I have yet to take my truck out on the road, just around the block, and want to set them correctly.

Thanks,
Dean

Old 08-01-2004, 11:34 AM
I started this thread some time ago and have been researching the available options for some time. I think that there are several good choices available for these trucks.

Ultimately I ended up putting a set of Raybestos BruteStop rotors and a set of Raybestos ceramic pads on mine. I was looking hard at PowerSlots product and had I not stumbled across a deal that was just too good to pass up I probably would have purchased them.

Raybestos product are not only slotted but cross drilled (love em' or hate em'). I've run cross drilled rotors on a number of previous vehicles including heavy Town Cars and never had a warping issue. I change my brake fluid at 15,000 mile intervals and have always used a DOT 4 product. I wasn't expecting the difference in pedal feel that I picked up with the new brakes. Much firmer pedal than before. All in all it worked out well.

Raybestos product isn't as well advertised but I think it's worth looking at.

Old 08-08-2004, 01:36 AM
PowerSlotCEO -
I have a couple of questions reagarding PowerSlot rotors: 1) Why are semi-metallic pads recomended? and 2) can ceramics be used without harming the rotors?

Quick Reply: Slotted Rotors for a SuperCrew