Newbie here, brake question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie here, brake question

hey there, I was sent to this forum by another one that I post on. I'm a girl so bear with me here, I don't know anything about cars!

I have a 95 F150 with some squeaky brakes. I know there are 2 kinds of breaks; the softer ones that wear out faster and are cheaper and the harder ones that take longer to wear out, are more expensive and can result in you needing to replace your roters. I know that because it happened to me last time and cost me a lot of money.

It seems to me that the softer ones would be the ones I want but they always put the harder ones on. Is there any reason I shoudl get the harder ones or should I request the softer ones?

Thanks

Old 07-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Best to stick with the stock factory material with stock rotors. Some want or need more performance because of a lot of towing, drag racing, ETC and they go with an aftermarket rotor and pad set up. a brake job done properly regardless of material type should not make noise when you stop.

Old 07-03-2004, 10:45 PM
I have always changed my pads to ceramic pads. Virtually no dust and no noise. Most have a lifetime guarantee. Just my 2c

Quick Reply: Newbie here, brake question