brake squeal

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry brake squeal

hey guys, im sure this has been posted before have'nt had time to look through them all though. recently replaced calipers, rotors turned (had 5000 mi. on 'em) and new bosch pads (ceramic i believe). this was after i had a caliper hang up, so i replaced performance friction carbon metallics that made no noise w/ the bosch's due to thats what they had in stock. ANYWAY, the bosch's came w/ the stainless shims, broke brakes in w/ 30/30/30 method and when hot they squeal like a stuck pig!! pulled 'em back off, added CRC disc brake quiet and it helped only slightly.... any suggestions besides throwing out the $60.00 bosch pads??? thanks

Old 07-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a simular thing on my 99 f150, but got it stock. About 3 months after I picked her up, the front right side brakes would squeal, not to loud, but it was enough to get under my skin. I took it back couple times, no luck, it always came back, well the fourth time I took it in for the recall on the back right coil that shorts out when the coolant leaks on it, well the mech told me don't worry I can fix this for you done it many times. Well he did, worked great for 4 years....well guess what came back a few months ago.. yep, front right side again. I have been wondering about new brake pads, etc to try and fix it. I tried the stop squeal stuff to, no luck at all with it, I was almost to the point of sealing the pads to the cal with bathroom caulking.

Quick Reply: brake squeal